Forum

Author Topic: Big ECW files color correcting - for all the software experts out there, please  (Read 3748 times)

Fkybarless

• View Profile
Hello Guys,

For all of you making huge orthos, I encountered a problem editing huge files.
I first convert to ECW, which is very light.

Then I load it on Photoshop to add sharpness and color, and have to slice it to many pieces (Globbal Mapper doesn't let you to add sharpness and more...)
Then I convert it again...

How can I just edit the ENTIRE ECW FILE at once?

Any software recommendations?

Thanks

stihl

• View Profile
This is an issue I keep coming across as well.

Color differences between TIFF (in my case) tiles that occur when you edit the colors in Photoshop. Even when using the exact same values in a batch processing this occurs.
So far I haven't found a way as the TIFFs are too large in file size to be exported as 1 file, so I have to cut them up in the Photoscan export.

In theory you could export in tiles, then resave it in GlobalMapper as one file; BigTIFF (which doesn't really have a filesize) however photoshop cs6 doesn't seem to want to open BigTIFF's even though it says it can..

Fkybarless

• View Profile
True, So you are doing the same as I. No solution.

Someone? Please?

stihl

• View Profile
I'm happy with using different software other than Photoshop to edit my photos, however I haven't found anything yet that doesn't produce different outputs..

I'm certain we're not the only ones with this problem as there are plenty of Aerial photography companies out there.