Forum

Author Topic: Volumetric Calculations and Saving Data  (Read 2699 times)

travis_b

• View Profile
Volumetric Calculations and Saving Data
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:53:03 AM »
Case - surveying gravel pits. The crusher gets paid $/cubic meter.  We survey with a UAV with GCP's and utilize Agisoft solution to calculate volumes.

In one survey/stitched total there will be multiple stockpiles.

We do the volumetric calculations within Agisoft. However, the volume can vary from time to time based upon where the outline of the stockpile is determined when defining the pile. As such, we would like to have a file that records the results of each volumetric calculation as documentation of the measurement.

Is there a way to do this easily so that if there are any questions regarding how the amounts were measured it can be shown and demonstrated easily? And can be provided to the customer in an easy to read format?

Ardu

• View Profile
Re: Volumetric Calculations and Saving Data
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:27:16 PM »
If I may add to this, there is a polyline function, why not use the polyline to identify the area where volume is needed, you can then ID the polyline ie Stockpile X, Y, Z etc, and then write the volumes to a simple txt file with every polyline set having their areas/volumes

travis_b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:10:12 PM »
ardugpc - thanks for the tip. I will try and figure that out.

Ardu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »
Was just giving ideas for the Software team to add ideas with existing functionality. I'm pretty sure this achievable, hopefully it is in the next software update ;D This will surely help a lot of people doing volume calcs for their clients