Forum

Author Topic: Orthophoto Image Priority and Contour Labeling  (Read 4323 times)

Lord Beowulf

• View Profile
Orthophoto Image Priority and Contour Labeling
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:28:20 AM »
Hi Alexey,

The updates to 1.2.x are looking very good.  However, I've encountered a couple of issues that could use some enhancement.

1.  In creating orthophotos, it would be helpful to be able to prioritize the use of specific images over others.  In order to obtain better results I've been running multi-level scans with my drone at two different elevations.  The results are generally good, but if I use all of the images to create the orthophoto, the result has a lot of regions of the image that use the upper layer of source images, resulting in lower resolution images in that area.  I can go into the project and disable the upper layer of images, but I then end up with a handful of white "holes" in the orthophoto presumably where the overlapping images don't happen to see down in between the trees.

2.  It would be helpful if the contours had options to label the contours, at least for the DXF export.

3.  Coupled to that, it would be helpful to have the ability to use English/Imperial units instead of metric.  I can use the appropriate 0.3048 m to create contours on one foot resolution, but if we can label the contours, I'd need them labeled in feet, not meters.  There are other places where it'd be nice to use English units, but this is the highest priority.

Thanks,

Beo

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Orthophoto Image Priority and Contour Labeling
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 06:58:13 PM »
Hello Beo,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Regarding the third request, have you tried the latest release version (1.2.3) already? It should allow you to use ft in the contour generation dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Lord Beowulf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »
Hah!  I'd just downloaded the 1.2.2 update this morning before posting.  You must have posted the update shortly after I did that.  What timing!  I'll update to 1.2.3 and give it a shot. 

Thanks,

Beo

Lord Beowulf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:16:43 PM »
Hi Alexey:

I downloaded the latest version, but don't see any difference in the dialogs and can't find anywhere to generally change the units.  Where should I be looking?

Thanks,

Beo

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:28:34 PM »
In case you have referenced the active chunk in the coordinate system than has ft as the system units, the same units will appear in the contour lines generation dialog:
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

FT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »
Good Day, All

I was wondering if the option for labeling contour lines exported in AutoCAD DXF format is now available.

Thanks!
FT