Forum

Author Topic: Can't rotate model to align with z-axis (button grayed out)  (Read 8109 times)

jeremyeastwood

• View Profile
Can't rotate model to align with z-axis (button grayed out)
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
I have a model in version 1.2.3 which is great, but rotated about 45deg about the y axis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tskd8rmcuspwy5/Screenshot%202016-01-28%2001.23.02.png?dl=0

I've rotated the bounding box to align with the model, but want to align the model so that the z-axis is vertical.  I have done this before with previous projects (maybe on earlier versions of ps), but this time the rotate model button is grayed-out, so I can't use it (see screenshot).

Is there a way to enable the rotate model button (maybe an extra processing step or setting somewhere?), or alternatively is there a way I can do this through the api?

Thanks in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Can't rotate model to align with z-axis (button grayed out)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:29:24 PM »
Hello jeremyeastwood,

Rotate Object tool can be applied for unreferenced models only.
So if you wish to rotate the object with the help of this instrument you need to uncheck all the reference data (cameras and markers) in the Reference pane and Reset Transform for the chunk.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:31:35 PM »
Actually, if you are confident in the coordinate information used for the camera centers, please specify, whether the orientation angels are loaded as well (yaw, pitch and roll)? Maybe they are not accurately measured, so I can suggest to use large values for Camera Accuracy (deg) parameter in the Reference pane settings dialog, thus lowering the weight of the orientation angles in the georeferencing process.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jeremyeastwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 09:15:14 PM »
Great, thanks for the info Alexey.  Will try both methods.