Forum

Author Topic: double-triple allignments  (Read 12779 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: double-triple allignments
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »
mena if go down then a bigger distortion will show up, afther some focal lenght - strong distortion Pscan will not align photos. too big error.....

What type of camera you use ?

18mm but on what camera , if Fullframe like Canon 5D you have 1:1 the focal lenght, on the Canon  APS-C - you get 1.6 the focal lenght of lense.... 18*1,6 = 29mm aproxx...  that mena on Canon 5D you get to limits of waht possible, on APSC it should work....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

pagan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
I am using a Nikon D3100 with the standard lens 18-105mm

It would be nice to see if PS can work with this http://www.lytro.com/
Then I think that there will be no more problem of depth of field  :)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
Hello Nic,

The problem could be in an excessive overlap when some camera locations are too close to each other (for example, if several photos were taken from the same position only by rotating the camera.

Regarding to the different focal lengths, maybe better results could be achieved if the images with the same focal length are grouped together (by order in Workspace). But more stable results would give shooting when focal length is fixed for all the photos.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

pagan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »
Many thanks Alex...
I though that the overlap would have been also the case for the double allignments as I have experienced before. I was thinking if there was a quick way to recognize  what photos is mostly attributed to the wrong allingment so that I can delete them, rather than going through each on  visually.

Also thanks alot for the tip of the focal leght I will try that and if it does not work I will keep the same FL.