Forum

Author Topic: Quality of mesh question  (Read 2542 times)

Cheesefrog

• View Profile
Quality of mesh question
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:18:56 AM »
Hello - I've recently done shoots for a few heads, and have a quick question about the integrity of the mesh.  The textures are turning out great, but the mesh appears overly noisy.  I'm not concerned with the hair and facial hair... namely looking at the skin. 

I'm shooting this with a 14 megapixel camera.  Dense Cloud on High, with Mild Depth Filtering.  Building the mesh out at High setting...

Also worth mentioning, I shot some close-ups of the eyes, nose, and lips in hopes of clearing those areas up on the mesh.

I guess I'm surprised that the texture is coming in so clearly, but the mesh is pretty far from that.  Curious if anyone has any thoughts on that.

Attached is a picture of the mesh itself in AgiSoft, and another with the texture applied.  you can see the texture looks great...

Cheesefrog

• View Profile
Re: Quality of mesh question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 11:04:59 PM »
Anyone with information on this?  Did I leave out any pieces of info that could be helpful?

Arie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 01:57:02 PM »
You should check out the "Face and Body Scanning" section on this forum for more tipps on faces.

The noise is most likely the result of using just a single camera. The person would have to hold perfectly still, which is practically impossible.
Cheers!

edit: you might want to try to use aggressive filtering on the dense reconstruction step. It might smooth out things a little more. Additionally you could use the "smooth mesh" command.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:59:13 PM by Arie »

Cheesefrog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
Thank you, Arie - I'll check that out!