Forum

Author Topic: Console Reflect GUI actions  (Read 3269 times)

IanManning

• View Profile
Console Reflect GUI actions
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »
Sorry if too general.

I find the API difficult to navigate. There's been several occasions where I've tried to replicate a step from the GUI in a Python script, and have had a lot of difficulty finding the correction code snippet to use.

It would be awesome, if the console updated with Python commands as tools are executed. This would help users looking to make the transition from manual, to scripted processing.

Thanks,
Ian

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Console Reflect GUI actions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
Hello Ian,

Could you give any example?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

IanManning

• View Profile
Re: Console Reflect GUI actions
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 02:37:20 PM »
Sure thing.

The recent example that comes to mind is the Convert button functionality, posted at http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=3206.0. Your code fixed it perfectly!

In this case, I tried a lot of different combinations of code, but couldn't get the process to work properly. In this case, it would have been awesome to click the button, copy the source code. Bam! Problem resolved. This has happened to me at other times, if you need more examples I should be able to dig something up.

I think the real value is for encouraging users to jump into the scripting environment. Maybe it's too niche of a demographic, but for users who are doing repetitive work in PhotoScan that haven't yet enlisted Python processing, having the code show up in the console might be just the push they need to make the jump into automated processing.

The target user could step through their regular workflow at desired settings. Upon completion, the code behind the PhotoScan process would show up in the Python Console. This could then be copy and pasted into the Python environment and appended with logic to allow for automated processing.

Hope that clears things up!

Cheers,
Ian

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:07:45 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »