Forum

Author Topic: Zero resolution after region resize in python  (Read 5158 times)

ferdywallinx

• View Profile
Zero resolution after region resize in python
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:45:46 AM »
I've written a script that sets the rotation, size and center of the region of a chunk. I run this script on an aligned chunk and if i then want to create a dense point cloud i can see that 0 cameras have been selected which leads to an error of Zero Resolution. If i then manually change the chunk boundaries only even a tiny bit then the dense point cloud creation will work. With a tiny bit I mean that the boundaries do not change in any significant way. This leads me to think that when you manually resize the region photoscan updates in some way but I have already tried the following things and nothing seems to work except for manually resizing:

- update the project
- copied the chunk and made the new one active
- saved the project
- saved, closed and opened the project
-optimize cameras after resizing of the region

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Zero resolution after region resize in python
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:52:23 PM »
Hello ferdywallinx,

The issue may be related to the insufficient number of matching points inside the bounding box between the aligned cameras. If the  number of matching points for some image pair doesn't fit the threshold, the depth map for such pair wouldn't be calculated. And if all the pairs do not have enough tie points, "zero resolution" message will appear.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ferdywallinx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »
Hi Alexey,

there are more than enough matching points and as I stated, if i change the size manually in the GUI the dense cloud generation will work, even if I make the area smaller (which would lead to less matching points). So it has to do something with the project.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 01:01:30 PM »
Hello ferdywallinx,

Then maybe you can send the script and the project file in PSZ format with the alignment results to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »
The issue with "zero resolution" is related to the negative components values of the region.size vector. However, I've also modified the code, as it seems that there were some problems with the size and rotation input.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC