Forum

Author Topic: New marketplace for your 3D scans {SnapTank}  (Read 4804 times)

RossMartin

• View Profile
New marketplace for your 3D scans {SnapTank}
« on: April 06, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
Hello everyone,
Hope you are all good.

I have just joined this forum so apologies if you think this is spam - I can assure you it is not.

I use Photoscan to process my own scan data and consider myself a 3D generalist, not expert but also not amateur - I hope this gives me the right to share my project here.

We have developed a new marketplace for selling and buying of 3D scans. Yes, like Turbosquid.... But give me a chance.
We believe TS is extremely saturated with models and minimal high-quality 3D scans (if you can find them). This is fine of course, but we love scans so why don't we have our own thing.

What if we had one place to go which is exclusively for 3D scans and only 3D scans? Where someone looking to sell or purchase a 3D scan only needs one destination. A marketplace not focused on making money but wants to grow within the scanning community and take 3D artists along with them.

Well thats exactly what we have done. www.snaptank.com

We are wanting 3D artists (like yourselves) to upload your scans and earn money from them. You choose the price they are sold at and if you need help with anything, we are always on hand to give advice on selling your work. You receive the lions share of the sale - you don't have to be exclusive to us and it doesn't cost you a penny,ever - so theres really nothing to lose.

What do we do with the remainder money - well we put most of that back into marketing / promoting the website and ultimately your scans. Opportunities for blog posts or getting your scan on our homepage/banner and social media exposure can also help generate interest in your profile and page with us. 

There are already lots of exceptional Artists working with us and the scans we have now are an extremely high standard. There is even FREE scans - as everyone likes a freebie or x15.

Please comment if you wish to have any more details or even find out a little more about the business. We are relatively new start-up and want to do things a little differently than those before us - a fresh and exciting take on sharing and selling scans, shall we say.

As an incentive for checking us out, we are happy to offer anyone from this forum who sign's up to a 70% royalty rate for the first 6 months - to then be reviewed and if you are contributing regularly there is no reason this rate would change. This offer is only open until the end of this month. Once signed up - simply email me and say you are from this forum. ross@snaptank.com

P.S - I have not spammed any forums nor signed up to every forum offering this. I am simply trying to find out where talented 3D artists converge.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and questions you may have - but if you want to sign up and start , you can do so right  now. I hope this has came across as honest and genuine as it is - we want to get to know everyone of you and I really hope you embrace us but we also understand this won't be everyones cup of tea. Here is a direct link to some more of the details you might be looking for : https://www.snaptank.com/about-us/sell-your-scans/

Many thanks for your time and apologies for the long message.

Kind regards
Ross

Shade3

• View Profile
Re: New marketplace for your 3D scans {SnapTank}
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 09:09:58 PM »
Am i allowed to use FREE models in my PC game?

RossMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »
Hello,

The free scans we have available online are Royalty Free - so yes, you can use them in your game if you wish.
Feel free to spread the word about our company should you wish to use any of the Free scans - I hope this is ok.

Kind regards
Ross

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
Hi Ross,
Nice initiative !
However I still find that the the royalties are too high, especially when you compare to what you can expect with gumroad.
I have looked at your website, that works well, except that the preview images suffer from a lack of resolution when entering in zoom mode (with mouse flying over the image), making the function useless.
I may try it in the near future, but I have first to change the face of my life models to respect their privacy.
Regards
Fred
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:15:33 PM by FLuca »
Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau

RossMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »
Hi Fred,

Thanks for checking us out and the feedback - it's greatly received.

The zoom feature isn't quite optimised yet unfortunately and this will most likely be turned off for the time being. We are looking into a potential 3D viewer for the scans - but these things take time to custom build (and money) Sketchfab style I guess you would say.

Gumroad looks great - it is certainly appealing to a range of creatives. We are slightly different from this, focusing on solely 3D scanned assets. We help promote your work and focus on the people who might want to buy your scans for games, VR and VFX etc.  We really appreciate high quality scans and the work that goes into them.

Feel free to reply or even email me .
ross@snaptank.com

Thanks once again for the feedback.

Ross

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »
sketchfab works well but would requires to specifically generate low poly models and associated normal maps for each of your proposed model -> internal development or additional requirement for the uploaders
in addition for the moment, whatever your subscription, you cannot have embedded models if they are not in public mode hence you cannot control where the models are displayed over the internet
maybe you could use unity
Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau

RossMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
Hi Fred,

Great minds think alike! You are definitely on the same page as us.

Much appreciated feedback.

Kind regards
Ross