Forum

Author Topic: Relinking Photos  (Read 12599 times)

Hollyg

• View Profile
Relinking Photos
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:00:59 AM »
I have Photoscan Standard. I am new to using it, but think it's great!

Is there a way to relink photos if they have been moved?

I work for a film production company. I move around a lot and use various computers, therefore I would like to use Photoscan (and open my projects) on different computers (mac and Pc) but I can't work out how you change the images' location...?

Any help much appreciated
Holly

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Relinking Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »
Hello Holly,

Usually PhotoScan stores relative paths for images relatively to the project file, unless project is saved on another local or network drive.

Unfortunatelly, currently there is no built-in functionality allowing to change incorrect paths in PhotoScan project, but we plan to add such feature in future releases.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Hollyg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »
Hey Alexey,

Great, thanks very much. For now I will carefully plan where I put my photos and I look forward the update which allows me to change location of photos and relink!

Photoscan is a great piece of software by the way.

Best
Holly

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Any news on this feature? I think that it's a major feature to be included before Photoscan becomes a 1.0 version. It's a pain to move Photoscan projects among machines or to a diferent directory. Every calculation must be made again...
Cheers

Asmordean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »
If you've saved the project file (It'll be a .PSZ file) you can open it with 7Zip, it's a ZIP file.

Look for the "doc.xml" file.  Open it up in a text editor like Notepad++ or Notepad2.  The line <location path="filename.jpg" /> is what you're after.  You might be able to edit it to <location path="\\networkpc\directory\filename.jpg" />, though I've not tried that (no network at home).

If there are a lot of photos, use Search & Replace. Search for:
<location path="
Replace with:
<location path="newdirectory

After you edit it just put it back into the ZIP file (replace the old one).

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Save with photos" option.  It would be a huge file for some things but would make the PSZ 100% portable.

I found this when I was toying with structured light.   I take one with the projection and a second with just white light.  I align the structured light photos then edit the doc.xml file to replace all the photos with the white light ones and build the texture so I don't get all colour noise as a texture.  Works quite well, as long as you don't bump anything.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »
Thanks Asmordean, your solution worked as you said. Unfortunately I'm using mainly a Mac and I did not find yet a software able to do the same thing for this OSX.
Thanks