Forum

Author Topic: URGENT - REsults after Update are terrible - see yourself  (Read 7641 times)

Martin

• View Profile
URGENT - REsults after Update are terrible - see yourself
« on: April 07, 2016, 02:54:36 PM »
I did the update to Agisoft Photoscan PRO 1.2.4.2399 - all results are terrible. See yourself. I need the old installer. Here is an example which did with an old standard and an updated Pro. 

JMR

• View Profile
Re: URGENT - REsults after Update are terrible - see yourself
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:56:53 PM »
Ugly indeed.
Please tell advanced align settings and referencie panel settings
It looks like the alignment is very bad. points error is huge, is should be under 1 pixel.
Dis you optimize?

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:54:54 AM »
I downgraded - the results are very good like before. Even the shoe are recognized properly. I am shocked because that means I have to redo four days of Agisoft work!!!

@JMR you can see the settings in the info it was Key Point limit 15000000 and Ti point limit 1500000 so kind of unlimited.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:04:48 AM by Martin »

stihl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »
Personally I'm still on the V 1.2.0 Build 2136 which is actually a Beta build. However it yields me excellent results and I'm kind of afraid to upgrade because of the mixed results in 1.2.4.

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:40:18 PM »
It is the alignment of Agisoft PRO 1.2.4.2399 which caused the trouble.   >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:46:14 PM by Martin »

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:40:22 PM »
dii you optimize? try recursively gradual selection, delete points with projection errors biger than 2pix, then optimize, again gradual selection and kill points with more than 1pix... and so on. I guess you can keep cleaning until you cameras RMS pixel error is about 0.5pix or better

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »
It is an issue which came with the update - everything was fine before the update. I rechecked about 20 projects and the alignement quality after the update with excactly the same settings is terrible. After the downgrade the results are close to perfect (no timer). Actually I don't want to add extra optimizing steps.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
In the latest version PhotoScan is trying to figure out, which parameters of the intrinsic orientation should be optimized, according to Martin's screenshots, only a couple of parameters are optimized in the latest version. You can try to run optimization procedure and force optimization of all the parameters except k4, p3, p4.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »
I think it will be faster and safer to realign with the old version. Is there a preset that runs the optimization procedure and force optimization of all the parameters except k4, p3, p4 in the latest version which runs autmatically when doing the alignment - like in the old version? Or do you have to do the optimization as an extra step always (In the latest version)?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
Hello Martin,

No option at the moment. But maybe we need to add a selection to Align Photos dialog.

We are currently trying to reproduce the issue on some full body scans to get any information on what can cause the issue.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »
Hi Alexey, have you been able to reproduce the problem? I might be able to share some data.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 01:57:13 PM »
Hello Martin,

It would be nice if you send us a sample dataset. Up to the moment we haven't yet been successful trying to reproduce the issue on a similar full body scans.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 01:21:02 PM »
Hi Alexey, did you receive the data?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 01:27:11 PM »
Hello Martin,

We've received the data and were able to reproduce the issue.

It looks like the automatic selection of the parameters to be optimized during Align Photos stage doesn't work properly due to the low number of tie points in the sparse cloud. So I think that in the next update we'll make it optional.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mrc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 02:57:57 AM »
In the latest version PhotoScan is trying to figure out, which parameters of the intrinsic orientation should be optimized, according to Martin's screenshots, only a couple of parameters are optimized in the latest version. You can try to run optimization procedure and force optimization of all the parameters except k4, p3, p4.

Is there a document explaining each of the new Optimization options? I too have noticed that these are often seemingly randomly ticked when I do Optimize Cameras. Would love to be able to make an informed decision about which ones to tick.

I am capturing small objects ~1 litre volume using a turntable and macro DLSR.