Forum

Author Topic: Projection shooting and turntables  (Read 2505 times)

Janglesworthy

• View Profile
Projection shooting and turntables
« on: April 09, 2016, 11:00:20 AM »
Hey all,

I was thinking about trying to use projection shooting, then I started reading into how many lumens are required and the price of those projectors. Ontop of that would using a projection on an object that your using a single camera  capture on a turntable even work?

My only idea for a low budget projector would be a lazer projector with an rgb cloud projection....some cheap Christmas one or something. Project that on my object that is on a turntable and shoot it that way.

t234594

• View Profile
Re: Projection shooting and turntables
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 06:39:49 AM »
Have you been able to figure this out? How did you make the projector work with the turntable?

Janglesworthy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:57 AM »
I never got to really testing since I realized when I rotate an object and the projector is stationary it changes the shape and location of the projection. I figured that would cause photoscan to brain melt and fail on alignment.

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
Solution A:

One projector and a turntable. You move your turntable one step, then you move your camera vertically (or you have more than one camera) to at least three positions, after that you move your turntable one step and so on. This technique is only to close smooth surfaces with an otherwise good textured object. The aligning is done without projection so better use solution B: 

Solution B:

At least three little projectors (for example laser pointers) at 120 degree have to be mounted on the turntable.

Best regards

Karsten
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:10:40 AM by Kiesel »