Forum

Author Topic: Dense cloud selected cameras  (Read 2897 times)

igor73

• View Profile
Dense cloud selected cameras
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
Have noticed that when i build the dense cloud not all cameras are selected.  Today i ran a project with 1200 cameras and around 950 got selected it says in the console..  All of them where aligned,  Is this normal and why ?

I used 2 cameras. A d800 on tripod and a dji inspire drone with x3 camera.  As i mentioned before all cameras alligned. 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:48:25 PM by igor73 »

James

• View Profile
Re: Dense cloud selected cameras
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 05:29:53 PM »
This - http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=3109.0, I'm sure there was a more in depth explanation somewhere here quite recently but can't find it.

The short version is i think there is a threshold for number of matching points below which an image is not selected for dense cloud generation.

If the number of matches for any pair of images is too low such pair will not be counted as overlapping and depth maps for this image pair will not be estimated.

igor73

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 06:38:28 PM »
I had more than 9.0 in overlap.  maybe Agisoft is being smart and ingnores redundant images? 

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:45:56 PM »
Hello igor73,

You can check the number of used matching points between the images using View Matches dialog accessible from the Photos pane context menu. So it is possible that some points are visible from nine images, but if the number of matching points between the image pair is below the threshold, such pair will be ignored during the dense cloud generation process.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC