Forum

Author Topic: Add Scale bar option during ortophoto export  (Read 11126 times)

Benjamin

• View Profile
Add Scale bar option during ortophoto export
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
Hi, I’m currently writing a thesis on documentation of cultural heritage and I use photo scan to produce rectified photos (via the Orto photo export) of building facades. I would like to ad a scale bar to these photos to make them measurable by the reader. It would be a fantastic function if photo scan could automatically ad a scale bar of a user specified length (ex. 2 meters) to an exported Orto photo based on the model scale.

Another way to solve it might be to ad the option (when exporting Orto photo) to create a additional TIFF file containing a scale bar corresponding to the Orto photo. This could then later be added to the photo by the user in Photoshop or InDesign

I found an old thread here on the forum about this function were one writer suggested the use of AutoCAD to add a scale bar to the Orto photo. If anyone here have knowledge on how to do that, any advice would be appreciated

Ainur

• View Profile
Orthoimage with a scale bar
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
Dear Agisoft team,

I have seen in an auto generated processing report a scale bar under  "camera locations and image overlap", "GCP locations" and DEM. The question: is it possible to generate a pdf or jpg with only an orthoimage with such scale bar and/or a numeric scale.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ainur

Ainur

• View Profile
an orthoimage with a scale bar
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »
Dear Agisoft team,

I have seen in an auto generated processing report a scale bar under  "camera locations and image overlap", "GCP locations" and DEM. The question: is it possible to generate a pdf or jpg with only an orthoimage with such scale bar and/or a numeric scale.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Victory day :)

Kind regards,
Ainur

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: an orthoimage with a scale bar
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
Hello Ainur,

I've merged your topic with the similar one in the Feature Requests forum.

Currently PhotoScan doesn't provide such option so adding any vector information to the exported image should be performed in the external applications. I believe dedicate GIS applications can do that.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Ainur

• View Profile
Re: an orthoimage with a scale bar
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »
Dear Alexey,

thanks a lot for your quick response.
Yes, I can do it in any GIS apps. Just wanted to make my life easier :)

BR,
Ainur

JRM

• View Profile
Re: Add Scale bar option during ortophoto export
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 10:48:30 AM »
A scale bar has been added in version 1.2.5 for display but it seems there is no way to export it embedded into the orthomosaïc.

ThomasVD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 10:58:12 PM »
Seconded! I would also like the option to export ortho with scale bar.

Not all my models are georeferenced (so can't just import into GIS to set to scale), in order to make a nice report I often import them into Illustrator and set them to 1:10 or 1:20 or whatever scale. Having a scale bar as reference for setting the ortho scale would be very helpful.

toxicmag

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 04:07:12 PM »
I would also like to have this feature.
After all the referencing work for our clients a scale bar in the orthophoto output would be great.

Thanks

Alex
#multirotor #VTOL #Trinity #Quantum-Systems #a6000 #a7R #RedEdge #ALTUM #RX1II

Gall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 10:22:15 AM »
I also second that proposal and would also add the possibility to add a color bar when exporting a vegetation index orthomosaic because, as it is for visual interpretation, this bit of information is very lacking.

NilsS

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 01:15:23 PM »
I would like to bring this request back up, because i am struggling with the same thing for years. It would be great to have this rather simple feature. My work would be much easier.

Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 10:08:06 AM »
This is an issue that makes it difficult to work with Metasheep - the inability to produce and export a facade or section with a scale perpendicular to the ground, in an easy and friendly way.

This topic made me work with competing software that provides a theme-friendly solution, even though I prefer to work with MetaShape in any other aspect.
The improvement needed for the problem can be:

1. A function of creating a facade in a desirable direction by marking the cut line, rather than by markers, which greatly complicate the work process.
2. Export of facade or section (one or more) with a scale bar.
3. Export of section Plan with a Scale.

Thanks,
David

NilsS

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
This is an issue that makes it difficult to work with Metasheep - the inability to produce and export a facade or section with a scale perpendicular to the ground, in an easy and friendly way.

This topic made me work with competing software that provides a theme-friendly solution, even though I prefer to work with MetaShape in any other aspect.
The improvement needed for the problem can be:

1. A function of creating a facade in a desirable direction by marking the cut line, rather than by markers, which greatly complicate the work process.
2. Export of facade or section (one or more) with a scale bar.
3. Export of section Plan with a Scale.

Thanks,
David

Absolutely true, i am constantly asked for exports with those features and my workarounds are annoying and time-consuming. It would be great, if this topic would receive more attention by the Agisoft-Staff.

Nice to hear, that i'm not the only one suffering from this lack of functionality.

Kind regards,
Nils