Forum

Author Topic: Possible Bug  (Read 9504 times)

sarko

• View Profile
Possible Bug
« on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
Hi Dmitry,

I wanted to let you know of a possible issue I have noticed.  The project I am currently working on involves about 100 relatively small, 6MP, aerial camera images.  I am running the most current version of Photoscan on a new Core i7 Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.6 and 8GB of RAM.  Image alignment goes fine, but the problem is in building the geometry. If I try to change the volume and tell Photoscan to use the selection in geometry building it will crash my MBP.  If I run the same geometry, but do not tell it to use the selection, but rather run with the Auto setting it runs fine and completes with no problems.  The crash point seems to vary and it crashes on both medium and high resolution settings.  I didn't try low.  

Not sure what the issue is, but it seems to not be the data as when I run with Auto it works fine.  Just something I thought you might want to be aware of.  Does Photoscan generate logs when it crashes?  I would be happy to send them to you if they exist.  If I am just doing something wrong and this is my fault, please let me know that also.  

Thanks,
Scott