Forum

Author Topic: Help for newbie :)  (Read 1817 times)

tezet

• View Profile
Help for newbie :)
« on: April 27, 2016, 03:01:25 AM »
Hi !!

I would like to ask if there is a possibility to fix my problem.

I am a new user of PhotoScan Pro. I am trying to make an orthomosaic from my pictures but when I align photos it always cuts parts of the marginal images or whole marginal images.

Is there any option where I can set the area which I would like to align?

I have added sample of project and two marginal photos where you can see my problem. PS cuts these photos and do not align them at all.

When I was trying earlier PS at my friend PC PhotoScan Professional 1.1.4 I did not see this problem. PS was cutting only small part of marginal photos what was ok for me.

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Help for newbie :)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
Try to remember this:
Take a couple of photos before you start taking photos, and take two more after you think you are finished. Yes it's kidding.
I mean that you can't reconstruct anything that is not at least in 2 photos and better if more than 3. Your shots started late and ended soon. It looks that's it
Regards

James

• View Profile
Re: Help for newbie :)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:57 PM »
Otherwise you can build the mesh with extrapolation enabled and that will extend the mesh allowing the photos at the extremes something to be projected onto, although the results are a bit unpredictable, it's only really useful for flattish surfaces.

Another option is to export the mesh into blender or equivalent and add a bit of surface there manually, but as JMR says if it isn't in at least 2 photos already then there's no way to reconstruct it without some manual/guess work.