Forum

Author Topic: Facial photogrammetry setup - help & advise  (Read 6191 times)

YarridHenrard

• View Profile
Facial photogrammetry setup - help & advise
« on: April 27, 2016, 12:04:18 AM »
Hey everybody!

My first post here, I have been wandering the forum for some time and been searching the internet but I hope you could help me out :)

I have wanting to set up a facial photogrammetry setup for a while now but it has always stayed a dream. Now an opportunity arose that could possibly give me the opportunity to actually set one up.

Altho, I honestly have no idea about the hardware needed to set up such a rig. I have been roaming around trying to find out what is needed but couldn't figure out most of it. Obviously DSLR camera's, pc, good lighting and a way to trigger them all at the exact same time.

Could one of you maybe point me in the right direction or even to a list of hardware needed for this kind of setup?
Any help, advise or how-to knowledge is really appreciated as I feel lost in trying to figure out this wonderful technologie ;)

Have a wonderful day!
Yarrid

YarridHenrard

• View Profile
Re: Facial photogrammetry setup - help & advise
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:12:18 AM »
No takers?
Would love to know anything you could throw at me, even the smallest information will help me out a lot ;)

Have a great day!
Yarrid

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 11:46:06 AM »
For triggering look at EsperDesign at http://www.esperdesign.co.uk/ and smartshooter see herehttps://kuvacode.com/buy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:52:49 AM by Kiesel »

YarridHenrard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 11:58:51 AM »
Hey Kiesel,

Thank you so much for your reply! I was indeed thinking about Smartshooter as it seems most people have good experience with this one :)

About the Esper ShutterCell's, These would be a better choose than going for cable triggering?

So far I have been looking into either the Canon 600D or the 1100D since Lee mentioned the Nikon ones having less quality when it comes to blurring the image (if I understood correctly)

Now I am trying to figure out in what way the speed of the memory cards would influence the actual setup.

FLuca

• View Profile
    • Another-me
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 06:07:38 PM »
with smartshooter you can setup the cams parameters and download the images directly to the computer without needing the cards.
however it can not be used for synchronous triggering as it uses USB and each cams is triggered one after the other
the speed of cards or speed of download influence only the time between two shots. this time is reduced with cards but requires many manual operation.
Fred Lucazeau - Body Scan - www.another-me.fr
Sketchfab gallery: https://sketchfab.com/fredlucazeau