Forum

Author Topic: Small suggestions to improve edition of orthomosaic  (Read 3553 times)

Patribus

• View Profile
Small suggestions to improve edition of orthomosaic
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:53:08 PM »
Hello,
I would like to propose some improvements of the present interface when editing orthomosaics using polygons.
The majority of the following suggestions would help a lot when working a lot and very intensely with the mosaic editing. Although they seem to be minor, they would simplify a lot the handling of PS in this task.

Here is the list in no special order:

1. When polygons are marked red, allow deletion using the delete key, avoiding having to open the context menu each time.

2. Is there a key combination to add or remove (marked) vertex of the marked polygon? That would also allow faster working.

3. When a polygon is market and one assigns images to that polygon, please do not open the respective window in the center of the screen, since in general that is where the polygon  is which is being edited. It would be great if PS could 'remember' the last position of the window.

4. The options "Allow multiple selection" and "Exclude selected images" on the 'assign images' windows should also 'remember' their last states. Since the user typically uses a combination of these two options, he/she has to activate the options each time new. This is time consuming and irritating when editing a large number of polygons. 

5. It is possible to exclude images from the ortho processing in the respective photo windonws (lists). However, it would be excelent to exclude images from the further processing from within the "assign images" window (or a equivalent context). With exclude I mean in general, not just for one polygon.

6. Finally, the list of proposed images in the 'assign images' has a predefined order which corresponds to the best projection for a given polygon (I suppose). Although this is a great help, it would be excellent, if the user can also change this order, since this allows better results.

So, that's it for now, it would be nice to see some (or all) of these functionalities implemented.

CHeers

ADDED:

I completely forget to suggest also that all delete commands within context menus should be at the bottom, not at the top, it happens quickly that you click on it. OK, there is also the confirmation window, nevertheless, it would feel a bit more secure to have the delete menu points at the bottom of the windows. :-)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:42:28 PM by Patribus »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Small suggestions to improve edition of orthomosaic
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 09:31:24 PM »
Hello Patrick,

Please check version 1.2.5 where some similar features were implemented, including:
- shape removal with DEL hotkey,
- different sorting options in the Assign Image dialog.

As for the excluding certain photos from the orthomosaic generation in general, probably you can disable such images prior to the orthomosaic generation?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »
Hi Alexey,

thanks, I will have a look.

The thing about excluding the photos on the go is related to the fact I'm working with huge projects (thousand of photos). Only when the orthomosaic is generated I can identify photos os less quality (comparing them to each other) and remove them.  Should I each time have to switch to the photo pane and remove (or deactivate) them there, would take too much time.

Just to comment on that :-)

I'll check the new version, thanks.
Patrick

mwillis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 01:08:38 AM »
Patribus, thanks for describing and suggesting these changes. You are correct! When dealing with huge datasets, all of your suggestions would help greatly.