Forum

Author Topic: Rotating a georeferenced model  (Read 2157 times)

aaronjameslewis

• View Profile
Rotating a georeferenced model
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:53 AM »
Hey everyone,

I am currently working with Photoscan to build digital elevation models of ground surface features for use in geospatial analyses. I have a current model that looks to be correctly georeferenced in WGS '84 coordinates using the GPS coordinates collected by the camera during acquisitions, but Agisoft appears to have solved for the chunk rotation incorrectly such that the model is flipped on its side.

Specifically, my model appears to have been rotated ~90 degrees counter-clockwise about the Y-axis from where it should be, such that the "top" of the model is facing in the (-x) direction instead of the (+z) (see attachment). As a result, when I try to export an orthorectified GeoTIFF of the model, it is completely distorted.

Is there a way to manually rotate my georeferenced model so it aligns properly in a WGS '84 coordinate system? I know the "Rotate Object" function performs this task for unreferenced models, but this will not work in my case because I need to properly georeference the data for our our analyses. I have also tried manually applying rotations to the existing 3x3 chunk transform in the cameras XML file, but this method is not working for me either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Aaron

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:49:31 AM by aaronjameslewis »