Forum

Author Topic: Export points VS export models - vertices number  (Read 1359 times)

Kisioj

• View Profile
Export points VS export models - vertices number
« on: May 20, 2016, 07:06:54 PM »
Hey, I scanned some photos and created model in PhotoScan, in the bottom left corner of display screen I can see:

faces: 1,210,789 vertices: 612,194

When I export the project as model to wavefront obj, I get exacly the same number of vertices, which of course is OK.

However when I export the project as points to wavefront obj I get:

dense cloud: 56,319,334 vertices
sparse cloud: 160,100 vertices

Can I export the cloud to have exacly the same number of vertices as it is written on the display screen?

PS. If I deleted all material info and faces and leave all vertices alone in the exported model .obj file, would I get correct point cloud?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Export points VS export models - vertices number
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »
Hello Kisioj,

Sparse cloud consist of the valid tie points found during the Align Photos stage, Dense Cloud is based on the merged depth maps for every overlapping image pair and mesh can be based on any of these cloud, but it is a result of triangulated surface, not just a connection of the points of the cloud into polygonal network.
So basically speaking the values representing the number of points in the sparse/dense clouds and number of mesh vertices are not related anyhow.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC