Forum

Author Topic: Export camera positions so photogrammetric formats: X, Y, Z, and Kappa Phi Omega  (Read 47096 times)

Diego

• View Profile
You can create another way to export the camera positions?
Export camera positions so photogrammetric formats: X, Y, Z, and Omega, Phi, Kappa. I wish I could upload the data processing in a photogrammetric software for stereoscopic observation points

Diego

• View Profile
Hi Dmitry, Any response?

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Diego,

Thank you for a suggestion. It seems that conversion to Omega, Phi, Kappa representation should be pretty straightforward.

Can you please clarify the following:

1. In what coordinate system the camera positions should be exported? Is it a local coordinate system, or geographic one (UTM for example)?

2. In which order the rotations should be applied? Maybe you have a link to the document describing the file format and treatment of individual parameters.

If you can provide some additional details, please send an e-mail at support@agisoft.ru.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Diego

• View Profile
Can you please clarify the following:

1. In what coordinate system the camera positions should be exported? Is it a local coordinate system, or geographic one (UTM for example)?

2. In which order the rotations should be applied? Maybe you have a link to the document describing the file format and treatment of individual parameters.

Hi Dmitry,

1. R/
The coordinate system is Transverse Mercator
2. R/
The rotation angles between image and object space are defined as follows:
Omega: X as Primary (Degrees)
Phi: Y as Secondary  (Degrees)
Kappa: Z as Tertiary (Degrees)

Rotation matrix for transformation from object to image space is computed as follows: 
R = R(Kappa) * R(Phi) * R(Omega). 
The nine elements of rotation matrix are outputed at the end of each line in the order of:
r11, r12, r13, r21, r22, r23, r31, r32, r33

Example attached txt  ;)

Best Regards,

Diego

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
Hello Diego,

Thank you for providing a sample file. We are planning to include Kappa Phi Omega export in the next update.

The only strange thing I have noticed is that the rotation matrix in your example seems to be stored in the column-major format, while the header indicates that the row-major should be used.

What software was used to generate this file?

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
Hello Diego,

We have added Kappa Phi Omega export format in the latest release.

Please let me know if it works as expected.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Diego

• View Profile
Hi Dmitry,

And perform some tests and it works great, is great when you listen to, excellent support.  See attachment, anaglyph stereoscopic observation in photogrammetric software beyond the data calculated from the positions of the camera with the turns omega, phi and kappa, works great, great job.

As for the new menu, Ground Control... is much better now, the only problem I had, it does not work Export..., when done click on export control point menu reappears import menu.  is the only problem I had.

In each update is a lot of progress, excellent job.  ;)

Best Regards,

Diego

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
Thanks Diego,

We are aware about the Export... button problem, so it will be fixed in the next update. I hope that it is not of much importance.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Diego

• View Profile
Hi Dmitry,

Actually that's not a big problem  ;D, so if you think is important is to introduce in the workflow, the ability to align the photos from the known camera coordinates X, Y, Z, the same as those used in Ground Control.  One of the major abilities of this program is to align the photos without knowing any information of coordinates of a camera, that's great, but the problem is with large data set, but if you create an option to align the photos  camera coordinates from known, would be the solution to this problem.

Could then look like this:

Align Photos....

and

Align Photos from Known Coordinates of Camera....

With this option the program will have input to align the photos in a set of complex data, and only have to calculate the rotations from the points that can be placed in the alignment.

I would like to know what you think?

Best Regards,

Diego

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
Hello Diego,

You are right, using GPS camera coordinates can be used to speed up alignment of large data sets. We are going to include this type of acceleration a little bit later, but the approach will be a little bit different:

• An option to select image pairs for matching based on known GPS camera coordinates will be added.
  • An advanced version of "Estimating scene structure" step will be added.

I would expect 2x-8x speedup of alignment step on large data sets with this approach.

Using unmodified GPS camera coordinates as you have proposed seems not optimal, as GPS accuracy is usually much lower then required for geometry reconstruction step.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Diego

• View Profile
Thanks Dmitry,

This is great news, I think that helped in the set of large and complex data.  Thank you very much for your support, it would be nice to see this progress soon, sounds great.

Best Regards,

Diego

Diego

• View Profile
Hi Dmitry,

After several tests, this new feature to export works fine, but I have some data processed in photogrammetric software and I would be able to process in Photoscan, ie perform geometric reconstruction, and what I need is to import the precise positioned himself for the cameras  TXT format, so X, Y, Z, Omega, Phi and Kappa , ie add another option to import cameras from known data and adjusted in this format. And so you could start the process of geometric reconstruction, after importing cameras.

Best Regards,

Diego

Diego

• View Profile
Any news?

Regards,

Diego

Dmitry Semyonov

• View Profile
Hello Diego,

PhotoScan requires precise estimates of both extrinsic and intrinsic camera parameters for geometry reconstruction, including non linear lens distortion coefficients.

Unfortunately only extrinsic camera orientation data is stored in the Omega, Phi, Kappa format, which is not sufficient for successful geometry reconstruction.

Are there any other export formats available in the photogrammetric package you are using? Implementing support for a format with both intrinsic/extrinsic calibration data will be probably a much better solution.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

Diego

• View Profile
Hello Dmitry,

Thanks for your response.  I understand your point, and I think there will be no problem, the format for the import of the cameras is as follows: a text file with data tabulation and the following X, Y, Z, Omega, Phi, Kappa, fx, fy , cx, cy, skew, k1, k2, k3, p1, p2, x_pixels, y_pixels.

Please see attached, this is the format with intrinsic and extrinsic parameters of cameras.

I hope you can help me, as I have many projects adjusted with high precision and desire to rebuild their geometry in Photoscan.

Best Regards,

Diego