Forum

Author Topic: Manual Photo Alignment and adding photos  (Read 4549 times)

rbnkc

• View Profile
Manual Photo Alignment and adding photos
« on: June 17, 2016, 06:28:14 PM »
I read in an earlier post somewhere that excluding detail shots from the initial alignment and development of the sparse point cloud would speed up the process and sometimes unblock a choke point in the processing and that once the sparse cloud had been developed the detail shots could be added in using manual alignment. I tried this but the manual alignment (align selected camera) wouldn't work. Reading further I found a post by Alexey that explained that manual alignment looks for previous match points so therefor only works if the manually aligned images were part of the original set.

Is there a way to add and align images to the original sparse point cloud?

If the images are added after the sparse point cloud is created and I go straight to dense point cloud development will the new images be incorporated?

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Manual Photo Alignment and adding photos
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 09:11:21 PM »
Is there a way to add and align images to the original sparse point cloud?
Yes I think it can be done with a little trick:

Load the images you shot afterwards, for example from a detail, in a new chunk and add also some from your original shooting which overlap with them. Process this new chunk as normal. Then you have some common photos in both chunks and it should be posible to combine these chunk.

Never done this but it should work.

If you have the Pro version of PhotoScan you can also merge these chunks by markers.

Regards

Karsten

rbnkc

• View Profile
Re: Manual Photo Alignment and adding photos
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 07:37:09 AM »
Good idea. I tried just adding the detail shots in a new chunk but they didn't align well. Adding shots from the original chunk should do the trick...Thanks.