Forum

Author Topic: Allow photo and model panel to be displayed at same time  (Read 4859 times)

andyroo

• View Profile
Allow photo and model panel to be displayed at same time
« on: June 30, 2012, 07:06:14 AM »
First, I am not complaining. I <3 Photoscan  ;D

Second, caveat that this is for a specific use - orthos from aerial imagery..

Third, I've been clicking away for hours so this might just be a subconscious excuse to take a break and exercise my brain... But:

I would like an efficient way to go through my images and identify/disable blurry ones for orthoimage generation. I don't always know what images are around the one I am thinking about disabling. If I could have the photo and model panels display side-by-side, and quickly scroll through the images with the thumbnail strip and see them on the model and zoom in and out on the photo it would make it WAAY less tedious to go through hundreds of images disabling blurry ones that are surrounded by good ones.

Here's what I suggest in a nutshell:

-allow image and model windows to be displayed at the same time
-allow scroll wheel to continue to zoom in and out of image and model window based on focus
-allow scroll wheel (and/or arrow keys) to select the previous/next image in the thumbnail window when a SINGLE image is selected.
-allow left-click-release in the model window with arrow selected to an image if the mouse is on a camera square and cameras are shown.
-allow left click to bring up "disable image" in photo tab if arrow is the selected tool

Also I really like what Changchang Wu has done with VisualSFM. He displays thumbnails instead of the blue squares you see in Photoscan. and when you select a thumbnail/image, the border and the corresponging points in the pointcloud turn red, so you see where the camera is pointing (also he uses GPU for bundle adjustment and sparse point cloud generation).

Andy

Infinite

• View Profile
Re: Allow photo and model panel to be displayed at same time
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
First, I am not complaining. I <3 Photoscan  ;D

Also I really like what Changchang Wu has done with VisualSFM. He displays thumbnails instead of the blue squares you see in Photoscan. and when you select a thumbnail/image, the border and the corresponging points in the pointcloud turn red, so you see where the camera is pointing (also he uses GPU for bundle adjustment and sparse point cloud generation).

Andy

+1 for the thumbnails idea in viewport and point cloud from image. I think they do something similar in 123D Catch?