Forum

Author Topic: Paring photos for alignment like dominoes  (Read 3987 times)

engelbeck

• View Profile
Paring photos for alignment like dominoes
« on: August 14, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »
I experienced the same ability to manually improve the photo alignment produced by Photoscan as RalfH did in his post "sequence of photo alignment".  In fact, I even tried to reset alignment on all but a few photos with Photoscan and then manually re-aligned the rest of the photos I thought should  be aligned for better results.  As a consequence of this activity, I found myself wishing Photoscan's Photos pane would display thumbnails of the photos with green lines between strongly matching photos and red lines between weakly aligned photos.  I would like to be able to re-arrange the photo thumbnails drawing black lines between pairs I think Photoscan should pair and breaking links that I think are bad paring....kind of like playing dominoes.

MeHoo

• View Profile
Re: Paring photos for alignment like dominoes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »
Having never played dominos (I was thinking of lining them all up then knocking them all down in sequence when i read the title), I was confused at first lol.

I really like the idea of a visual editor and visual connections, like a node-based graph.  As of now, I see points that match. yet they won't align. 

PT gui shows the connections with lines I believe.  I would love a more intuitive "guided" align than the marker system, because it just doesn't always work.

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 01:22:17 AM »
Maybe you might get that feature by open a photo, right click in it's tab and use "Move to other Tab Group". This way you can have, at least, two pictures side by side. It's great to get matching points by hand.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:42:43 AM by RHenriques »

James

• View Profile
Re: Pairing photos for alignment like dominoes
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
right click in it's tab and use "Move to other Tab Group". This way you can have, at least, two pictures side by side.

When did this stop working? I can still move an image to another tab, but then all subsequent images open in that tab too, regardless of which tab has focus.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:00:52 PM by James »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »
Hello James,

It should work in 1.3 and 1.4.

In order to open the images in the different tabs you need to right-click on the photo in the Photos pane and choose Open in New Tab option, then right-click on the tab's label and choose Move to Other Tab Group.

Images can be switched using PgUp/PgDn keys in each tab group independently. If the photo you are switching to is already among the opened tabs, the focus will be switched to it.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

James

• View Profile
Re: Pairing photos for alignment like dominoes
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »
Ah ok, i missed that in the right click menu, it works great, thank you!