Forum

Author Topic: Exclude trees from DTM  (Read 3269 times)

rossnixon

• View Profile
Exclude trees from DTM
« on: July 20, 2016, 02:23:37 AM »
I'm new to PhotoScan, and am having trouble removing trees from my Dense Cloud.
- I have tried automatic, but aren't sure of the best values to use.
- I have tried manual, but the Mesh and DEM seem to be including All Points. (I selected a clump of trees and assigned them to Tree Class. Then I build the mesh using just the other points, but I think it is using all points.)
What step have I missed?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Exclude trees from DTM
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »
Hello rossnixon,

You might need to adjust the values of the classification procedure to fix the reconstructed dense cloud better (note that previos classification results should be reset before running new classification process).

In case interpolation is used for the mesh or DEM generation, the gaps related to the classes unused in the reconstruction will be filled with the interpolated geometery, so could you please check that you get identical results building mesh/DEM using all and only certain classes?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

xyz_rgb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 09:49:08 PM »
Dear Alexey

How the next step after dense cloud to get DTM? Can you explain?
Dense cloud which hight is different which medium or low dense cloud to get terrain?

Regards

izam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:38:43 AM »
Dear Alexey,

"You might need to adjust the values of the classification procedure to fix the reconstructed dense cloud better (note that previos classification results should be reset before running new classification process)."

Can you teach me how to do classification procedure using agisoft? I am a newbie in this field..

Thank you