Forum

Author Topic: Set default ground plane using markers  (Read 5334 times)

Orsat

• View Profile
Set default ground plane using markers
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:35:13 AM »
Hello everyone,

I made a 3D model of a statue in Photoscan. During photo shoot, the statue was reclined with it's back on the table. I put multiple markers that I printed from the Photoscan on the table around the statue. I marked the markers in the Photoscan after photo alignment and inserted scales. I only measured distances between markers, I don't have marker coordinates.

The first problem is that the default top view of the model is upside down - when I export the 3d model in pdf the first view after opening the file is from the bottom of the model and then it needs to rotate to top view. I want to make default view so I can see face of the statue right away. How do I do that?

Also, I need to make orthomosaics for the face of the statue and of each side of the statue. When I made orthomosaic of statue's face, I used markers as my plane. Is it possible to set a custom coordinate system using markers? The orthomosaic plane for the statue's left and right side needs to be perpendicular to the plane of the table, that is, where the markers are. How do I do that?? The current xy plane is not parallel to the plane of the table.

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Set default ground plane using markers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:19:08 PM »
Hell Orsat,

After applying the scale information you can correct the model orientation in the coordinate system space manually using Rotate Object tool. It cannot be done automatically (without scripting) since there's no coordinate information neither for camera positions, nor for markers.

Setting one of the the coordinate system planes parallel to the plane containing some markers is possible using Python scripting. However, if you need that only for the orthomosaic generation you can choose Planar option and select the projection plane using markers or current view.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC