Forum

Author Topic: Mosaic issues  (Read 7436 times)

George

• View Profile
Mosaic issues
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
Hi,
could anyone help, please?
I have a pile of aerial images of a good quality.
The alignment of the pictures went well - 195 out of 205 were aligned. That is quite good I think.
Then I creat a model. After that in a exported mosaic I receive a number of fuzzy zones, which, however, do not exist it the texture.
What could be a problem?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Mosaic issues
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »
Hello George,

Could you please provide a screenshot of model view with visible camera positions, mesh itself and bounding box for better understanding of the problem?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

George

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:03 PM »
that is the result with hazinesses

George

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
the thing you are after

George

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
the texture, which is nice (I think)

George

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
Alexey,
is it possible to read somewhere more about Face count, Hole threshold, Filter threshold? I mean what are the diapasons of the parameters and what do the mean?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
Hello George,

Seems like there are several misaligned photos (lower than the ground level, for example). I think that disabling or resetting the alignment for such cameras will give better result.
Also there might be some problems with geometry if it was built with misaligned cameras enabled.

Build Geometry parameters are described in the Chapter 3 of PhotoScan Manual (http://downloads.agisoft.ru/pdf/photoscan-pro_0_8_5_en.pdf):
Face count parameter defines the number of faces in the target model, while setting zero value means that no decimation will be performed.
Filter threshold specifies the maximum face count of the "flying" connected components (works similar to Gradual selection tool by connected component size criterion).
And Hole threshold specifies the maximum size of holes to be filled after geometry is reconstructed (works similar to Close Holes feature and is used only if Sharp method is selected).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

George

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:53:13 PM »
What are the criterias for misaligned pics? It is hard to say at that stage (at least for me).
About the parameters ... I read the manual but that doesn't give me clear indication of the physical meaning. I mean e.g. the more Filter threshold the less or the more something with the model ...
Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »
Hello George,

If there is Ground Control data like camera positions you can check the errors in the corresponding columns to check if the estimated camera positions are far away from the measured location.
And in case the ground control data is absent wrongly aligned cameras could be checked by eye: for example, if the estimates camera position (line with the blue square by its end) is under the ground plane or has evidently wrong position or rotation angle.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

George

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 10:42:31 AM »
Thanks Alexey, that really helps. I mean the mosaicing issues are resolved now. I have obtained quite good picture of a big area tho.
The only thing left are the frames of the Modeling parameters and their physical meaning