Forum

Author Topic: Export Model  (Read 33497 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Export Model
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 03:21:54 PM »
Hello sflo,

In the interface they are named as Shift, sorry for the confusion.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Dukytony

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
I got the same problem. Could you please explain how the shift parameter really works? what to enter in the fields?

I got coordinates like this format :

xxxxxx.xxxxxx
yyyyyy.yyyyyy
zzzzzz.zzzzzz

Thanks a lot!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 10:34:21 PM »
In Shift fields (in Export Model dialog) you can input huge values that will be subtracted from the model coordinates. For example, if you have X,Y coordinates like 12235833.171 and 727355.045, you can input 12230000 and 72000 in the corresponding fields, so the coordinates of the vertices for the exported model (in the example) would be 5833.171, 7355.045.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Outis79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 12:48:18 PM »
Hi all,
I had to face the same problem. My model has planar coordinates (Monte Mario Italy1) and even using the shift tool in exporting model or pointcloud I get a blocky mesh with the real planar coordinates.
In order to solve the problem I've:
1)placed 3 points on the mesh (or you can use 3 GCPs you already have):
2)removed the first digits of their coordinates in order to have  only coordinates with 3 digits before the comma (1592401.561245 to 401,561245 for example)
3)switched all the other GCPs off
4)used the update tool in order to move my model to the new truncated coordinates
5)exported the model.

You might use 3 GCPs you already have as well
You need to pay attention to one thing:
whether you decide to truncate the digits in order to have 3 digits before comma you need to choose CGPs which are within a buffer of 999 meters along the longitude and latitude
More clearly the digits of the coordinates of the choosen points you want to truncate need to be the same, for example I can't choose a point with a long=1592401.xx and another  with a long=  1593401.xx, indeed truncating the first 4 digits I would have 401.xx for both. Same thing for the latitude and elevation.
I hope that can help.

Anybody can tell me if you got problem with the shift tool that would be a great tool but for me looks not to work. Anyway what's the base point used for the shift tool?
Thanks.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 12:50:17 PM »
Hello outis79,

Can you post the values you are using for the Shift fields and coordinate of any reference point in the project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Outis79

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 04:07:34 PM »
Hi Alexey,
thanks for the very quick reply.
The version I'm currently using is 1.2.5 build 2735.
The SRS of my project is Monte Mario Italy1.
In the attachment you can see the GCP's coordinates, the shift values I set, and the result in Meshlab with the Pick Point tool that shows the coordinates. In static mode the model looks good but when I move it gets trembling.
Am I making any mistake? Is there a problem with this particular SRS and should I use WGS84 UTM instead?

Can you tell me what's the base point of the shift transformation? Of the same area I have 2 different set of aerial photos taken in different periods and I would need to compare the 2 mesh model. So I would need to apply the shift on both based on the same base point.

Thanks again

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:08:41 PM by outis79 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 04:12:39 PM »
Hello outis79,

I suggest to select the same coordinate system used for the chunk referencing in the Export Model dialog, then input values to be subtracted, so no need of negative values.

Now it looks like from the local coordinates (internal coordinates that might be close to zero) you are subtracting barge negative values - i.e. adding large values.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Outis79

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »
Thank you Alexey,
using positive values It works. I thought I had to specify negative values.
So into the shift tool we have to write positive values: when we export the mesh (or the pointcloud) the values are substracted, when we import the mesh the values are added.
Thanks again for your help.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:12:52 PM by outis79 »