Forum

Author Topic: Ground Sample Distance  (Read 6338 times)

Marius

• View Profile
Ground Sample Distance
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »
Question 1:
I know the camera sensor size, megapixel, lens mm, and the GSD I want.
How do I calculate the height the drone has to fly, and the distance between flight lines to get decent overlap?
I tried a couple of calculators but they seem geared for manned flight surveys with the ca. with the camera selections they have.

Question 2:
Take a road down a hill with a large difference in elevation from top to bottom over 4 km. If I fly at a set height the GSD will change dramatically from the top to the bottom of the hill. Does Photoscan need the photos to be taken from mostly the same elevation to work or can I set the (multirotor) drone path to slope with the hill?

jjllovera

• View Profile
Re: Ground Sample Distance
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:38:08 AM »
Hi, the easy solution its download the apm mission planer, this good calc sistem. You can chose the camera and lens, superposition, elevation etc...

If you use this software for control you auv, you can chose the elevation of you drone relative of the surface.

Thank

excuse my bad English

Jos? J

Marius

• View Profile
Re: Ground Sample Distance
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »
Thanks! The Mission Planner does exactly what I need and more.

We'll be using the ZeroUAV YS-X4-P, so it seems I'll have to manually transfer the waypoints from the mission planner to theX4-P  ground control station.

So to be clear; Agisoft doesn't need all the photos to be taken from an absolute altitude? It can be relative height?