Forum

Author Topic: More control over UV packing/bleed/distance, etc  (Read 3130 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
More control over UV packing/bleed/distance, etc
« on: August 12, 2016, 02:35:59 PM »
Adaptive orthophoto/mosaic works better in this regard, but using general/mosaic with the same resolution map size gives huge gaps between the millions of tiny Uv islands.  There should be a tolerance to dial in for the amount of stretching before an island is broken off, the distance between islands when packed, and the amount of pixel bleed.

These are necessary for use in other softwares.

Also.. I just exported a brick wall scan and the UVs were flipped randomly.  They should all be facing the same direction.  This significantly affects any bump/normal mapping calculations if one were to do that.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:50:57 PM by MeHoo »

MeHoo

• View Profile
Re: More control over UV packing/bleed/distance, etc
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:30:56 PM »
Adaptive ortho brought into uvlayout.  all white is flipped.  Normals appear correct in viewport.

MeHoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 06:15:13 AM »
Ok.. so is this caused by bounding box orientation?

I am still confused by bounding box orientation as a whole because I see red as the "top" (which could mean Z or Y depending on your preferred app of choice..), but when I import into max as OBJ as the typical default from Maya or Zbrush with the Y conversion, the geo is facing downward...  I am used to max being weird.. Maya and Zbrush, etc.. being the "norm" and using the Y-up conversion as a standard.  so... how should I set up my bounding box in photoscan to get it into max with my "typical" defaults, so that front is facing front, top is top, etc...?

Also.. what is "front" in the bounding box?

When I hit 1 on the keyboard, I see front.. the bounding box should.. reflect that...?  No?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:40:27 AM »
Hello MeHoo,

Bounding box orientation is important only for the Spherical parametrization.

The texture charts may look "mirrored" for orthophoto mapping modes (including adaptive orthophoto) in some cases. But we are planning to implement additional checks that will allow to avoid getting mirrored charts, even though they are properly applied to the model. However, I don't think that the fix ill be included in the upcoming update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MeHoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »
What about more control over bleed, spacing, etc?  The amount of pixels wasted when baking a 16k map is intense.