Forum

Author Topic: Calculating NVDI based on footage from MicaSense RedEdge  (Read 2097 times)

Yasha

• View Profile
Calculating NVDI based on footage from MicaSense RedEdge
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:03 AM »
Hello!
I'm a recent user of PhotoScan software and when trying to calculate NVDI based on the footage from my MicaSense RedEdge, I have encountered an unexpected difficulty. Although the camera uses five bands (blue, green, red, red edge and near IR), when using Raster Calculator, I have 15 bands to chose. Since there are multiple NIR bands and no Red band, I am confused how to calculate NVDI.

The screenshot shows all of the 15 bands. I will appreciate any suggestions regarding this topic.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Calculating NVDI based on footage from MicaSense RedEdge
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »
Dear Yasha,

Can you send the minimal dataset where the problem can be reproduced to support@agisoft.com?

It seems that the data is incorrectly loaded to PhotoScan for some reason, for RedEdge camera you should see five bands in the Raster Calculator window.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Yasha

• View Profile
Re: Calculating NVDI based on footage from MicaSense RedEdge
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:16:20 AM »
Dear Alexey,

Thank you for your fast response.

However, when I arrived at work today, the co-worker who had the issue informed me that the issue was caused by him using the older version of PhotoScan Pro. There are only 5 bands when he used the latest version.

I am sorry for all the needless commotion.