Forum

Author Topic: Merging chunks question.  (Read 2045 times)

MeHoo

• View Profile
Merging chunks question.
« on: August 26, 2016, 06:07:27 AM »
Merging chunks that only have certain data, say, to rebuild a file from a python script.. for instance, say I ran a script to generate meshes, but now I want to re-import the original source data, such as sparse cloud, dense cloud, markers, etc. 

Merging two chunks with:
a) cameras and depth maps (only)
b) dense cloud & markers (only)

takes an hour or two?  Nothing in either of those two conflicts, right?  It's just merging two data sets into one, or am I mistaken?  Trying to find the best method to strip data, process, then bring it back in, but it's just slow as-is.  Any help is appreciated.  as always, I assume I am doing something wrong. :p

I'd LOVE a way to duplicate chunks and also strip data by bounding box-as-it's-duplicated to speed that process up.  This is my alternative, and its still lagging behind.  If all I care about right now is meshes, then later I want to add back the other info to say, build textures, I shouldn't have to wait at all.. it's all in the same space.  No aligning necessary.  It all originated from the same chunk. 

In my mind, I'm simply combining two data sets without any over-riding files.. should be a two second job.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Merging chunks question.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
Hello MeHoo,

When you are duplicating chunk all the data is being copied in memory, so for large chunks (with huge mesh, dense cloud and etc.) it may take some time, because when you want to access the duplicated data it will be linking to the new instances and not to the original chunks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC