Forum

Author Topic: Fusion of panoramic & UAV imagery  (Read 1311 times)

KC

• View Profile
Fusion of panoramic & UAV imagery
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:15:31 PM »
Hello all!

I'm a geodesy student working on an cultural heritage documentation project for my thesis.

For my project I got some UAV imagery and panoramic imagery and processed them with Photoscan (Pro, version 1.2.5). For only the UAV imagery I got good results and now I'm trying to porcess the UAV and the panos together to fill the 'holes' in the point cloud derived from the UAV because of dense vegetation (trees).
In a first step the panos could not be aligned at all because the distances between them are quite big (25 m - 40 m) but I managed to align them with the help of the UAV images and 49 manually measured marker due to the lack of GCP or other GPS measurements.
The dense point cloud derived from UAV and panos combined does look better now, but not really satisfying... still to many 'holes' and too many outliers.

I've scanned through the forum but I didn't find anything that really helped me...

Does anyone have some good advice on how to improve the whole block, to improve the alignment especially the panos?

Thanks in advance

Cheers, KC
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:34:07 PM by KC »