Forum

Author Topic: Batch Orthophoto Export  (Read 12154 times)

Matt

• View Profile
Batch Orthophoto Export
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:41:46 PM »
I cant seem to find batch orthophoto export, it would be pretty useful in photogrammetric work flows.  It would also be nice to be able to save marker positions for individual photos.  I play around with multiple time snaps of the same areas and merge photos between projects to fill in coverage/control gaps.  It would be quicker for me than appending projects, aligning chunks and then merging them.  Thanks

arthurb

• View Profile
Re: Batch Orthophoto Export
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:15 AM »
Same problem, there is no export option to export the model in useful formats for photogrammetric workflow in batch mode.

Having the ability to auto export on the end of the bath processing the following items would be great.
Report PDF, DEM, orthographic photo and a Google KMZ.

ajg-cal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 03:35:11 PM »
+1

andyroo

• View Profile
ortho and DEM generate in batch
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
I think it would be great if I could setup parameters for orthophoto and DSM generation (projection/extent/format/name/etc) in batch for all chunks in a project. Currently DEM generation is very fast for me, but orthoimage generation can take up to 30 minutes, and I am generating DSMs, RGB average images and mosaics for 3 to 4 chunks per project. It would be nice to make that 3-4 hours of compute work happen all in a row without me having to intervene every 30 minutes to keep it on track.

Also have I mentioned... I <3 Photoscan :)

xabierr

• View Profile
Re: ortho and DEM generate in batch
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:39:20 AM »
Agree. Would also be great to have export points in batch processing.

cheers,

Javier

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
Re: ortho and DEM generate in batch
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »
You should be able to write a simple Python script to automate these sorts of tasks.
Jed

andyroo

• View Profile
Batch options for DEM/orthophoto export
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 03:23:01 AM »
In 9.x the bounding box around the model is better constrained than in 8.x. For me, this means that orthophoto and DSM extent is fine immediately after rebuilding geometry following GCP input.

I would like to be able to add an option to batch export orthoimagery and DSMs. It would save me a lot of time if I could do this for all of my project chunks in batch.

If the batch dialog had options to automatically calculate extent, define pixel size (default is ground sampling resolution) and automatically split into blocks if X or Y dimension is too big, that would be nice. But pre-specified x/y boundaries would be ok too. Output directory could be specified in batch.  filename could default to chunk name (plus extension if multiple blocks, auto-increment if exists)

Right now, I spend a lot of time waiting for orthos and RGB averaged images to generate from each chunk of my models. In some ways it takes longer than even the GCP entry and I often waste time because I don't immediately start generating the next orthophoto or DSM when the previous one completes.

workflow:
Day 1
1. create chunks and import photos (0.5 - 1 hr)
2. run batch process to align photos and build model geometry (12 hr)
3. manually enter GCPs for each chunk (3-4 hr)
Day 2
4. optimize alignment
5. run batch process to  rebuild geometry (~6-8 hr)
Day 3
6. manually export imagery and DSMs for each chunk (half day of clicking and waiting)

eriks

• View Profile
more Batch routines :-)
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
hello, thanks for a great program and your good support!
It would be very handy to be able to do this in batch:
-Classify points to ground/noground
-Export pointcloud with colours as LAS-format
-Export orthophoto, if possible also as ECW-format

Thanks in advance  8)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Hello all,

In the version 1.1 the list of batch export operations has been extended (including orthophoto/DEM export).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ARF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 03:05:55 AM »
ECW export would be VERY handy.

With the large size of the orthophoto's beng produced ECW is excellent for compression and viewing and would save the users from needing to export JPG or GeoTiff to other software for conversion to ECW.

kgrover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »
I would to add the same request to add ECW as an orthophoto export option.

Kevin