Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.3.0 pre-release  (Read 188236 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.3.0 pre-release
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 01:20:27 AM »
Hello grommit,

In the version 1.3 you need to import PySide2.

Also note that some of the classes has been moved from QtGui to QtWIdgets.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 03:32:21 AM »
Hi Alexey

Problems with the license in the MacOS version continue in the latest beta. I was now able to generate a working version after the first launch. While trying to launch a second time, the app says it need the serial number again and, after the right license number, it says that it cannot write the license file. It's strange because the license file it's already in the folder and it was successfully generated. I've detected that it's due to code written to the app package itself. Sorry to say that I used the following trick but if we substitute the app by a fresh one, with the license file generated, it starts just as expected. A second launch breaks it again. So the trick to use it, by now, is to put a fresh app in the folder every time before launching the app. Please revise this strange behavior.
I've tried to use it in demo mode in my portable and also presented some issues with my graphics card. Version 1.2.6 works fine with the AMD Radeon R9 M370X added to the OpenCL tab. Version 1.3.0, with the same settings, refuses make anything at all due to Open CL issues until we deactivate the GPU.
Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 10:50:08 AM »
Hello RHenriques,

This problem can occur if your account have no read/write access to the PhotoScan installation folder. Are you using the same user account for the application installation each time?

Please check the account permissions in Get Info -> Sharing & Permissions in the folder context menu (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21997?locale=en_US), they should be "Read & Write".
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »
Hello Alexey

Yes, I'm always using the same account and it's my administration account. I'll check later but the folder certainly has read/write privileges. I'll check tonight to confirm if it is a folder privileges issue.
Considering the GPU problem, it occurs when the dense cloud building is triggered. The app says "Can't Initialize OpenCL". It's working fine without the GPU activated and it's also working fine in the 1.2.6 version.
Cheers

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
Hello RHenriques,

We'll check the issue on a similar configuration for Mac OS X and if it can be reproduced, will fix it in the next update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MManning

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2016, 09:30:38 PM »
Hello Alexey
In the new 1.3 pre-release I am able to run the following steps in interactive mode:

root@li641-212:/opt/test# photoscan.sh -i
Agisoft PhotoScan Python Interactive Console (Version 1.3.0 build 3075)
Type exit() and press Enter to exit
>>> import PhotoScan
>>> doc = PhotoScan.app.document
>>> chunk = PhotoScan.app.document.addChunk()
>>> chunk.addPhotos(["/scratch/age_43.png", "/scratch/page_44.png"])

but when I put those steps into a test.sh file and run them I receive a seg fault:

root@li641-212:/opt/test# photoscan.sh -r test.sh
Segmentation fault

Can you advise how I might diagnose the issue?

Thank you for your help
Maurice

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »
Hello Maurice,

Script should be saved with .py extenstion.

Also please re-install the pre-release version, as we have updated it to the build 3149.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 12:29:22 AM »
Hi Alexey

Just tested the privileges and the issue remains. It's impossible to keep the license working on a second app launch. I'm only testing this version in this computer with this license. All Sharing&Permissions options are set to Read/Write. It's strange because the first app launch with the generated license file works just fine. I hope that you can nail the issue.
Cheers

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2016, 12:53:42 AM »
I notice that with latest pre release, I can no longer have two windows with different photos opened.

I select one photo and opens as a tab over model window. I send it to Other Tab. I now have two windows side by side, Model and Photo.
I select Model view and try to open other photo side by side with previous photo, but it always opens in the Photo tab...

Hope this can be fixed,
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
Hello RHenriques,

Thanks for additional information, we'll try to reproduce that. Could you also specify the Mac OS X version you are using?

Hello pap1956,

When the photo is opened in Photo view mode, you can right-click on the photo label and use Move to the Other tab. It works in both directions and you can have multiple photos opened in left and right frame.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2016, 04:11:26 PM »
Hello Alexey,

sorry  but that is what I do. I have a first photo opened in Other Tab. But when I open the second photo it always opens in the same tab as first one .... and replaces first one....

Best,
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
Hello pap1956,

You can choose "Open in the new tab" option in the context menu of the Photos pane, I think that's where the confusion arises, as some mechanics really changed in the version 1.3.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »
Ok,

now I see how to do it!

Thanks for your time!
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2016, 09:11:30 PM »
Just tested the privileges and the issue remains. It's impossible to keep the license working on a second app launch. I'm only testing this version in this computer with this license. All Sharing&Permissions options are set to Read/Write. It's strange because the first app launch with the generated license file works just fine. I hope that you can nail the issue.

Hello RHenriques,

I have an additional question, how you are running PhotoScan? From DMG directly, from some folder where the application file is copied to, using shortcut, from terminal?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RHenriques

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2016, 04:03:26 AM »
Hi Alexey

I'm using the latest MacOS Sierra.

Concerning how I run Photoscan, it's "from some folder where the application file is copied to". Running by simply "double-click" in the application icon.

Cheers