Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.3.0 pre-release  (Read 188242 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.3.0 pre-release
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2016, 05:14:56 PM »
Hello Mohammed,

Is the behavior the same if you switch "Enable Performance Optimization" option in the Advanced tab of PhotoScan preferences?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks it works fine now!
Mohammed

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2016, 05:22:12 PM »
Hello,

I've updated the drivers and gave it another go, same issue:

venkatg

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »
Hi Alexey and Dmitry,

What is the anticipated release date for stable v1.3?  Thanks!

VG

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2016, 10:35:56 PM »
Dear Alexey: I kindly suggest you to update the Potree converter to 1.7 in the comming new photoscan 1.3 release. The 1.6 converter that you are using has some documented bugs that cause some clouds not to be rendered when a projected reference system is being used.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
José

tuffi

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2016, 05:59:19 PM »
Hi,
I see in update paper "ARA thermal image"....
there are also some type of support for thermal camera on UAV??

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2016, 07:21:55 PM »
What is the anticipated release date for stable v1.3?  Thanks!
I think it will be in the late December.

I kindly suggest you to update the Potree converter to 1.7 in the comming new photoscan 1.3 release. The 1.6 converter that you are using has some documented bugs that cause some clouds not to be rendered when a projected reference system is being used.
We'll try to update it in the next 1.3 pre-release updates.

I see in update paper "ARA thermal image"....
there are also some type of support for thermal camera on UAV??
ARA thermal image support allows to interpret the image data automatically according to the format specification. So it's mostly related to the visual representation of ARA data and processing results basing on it.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

tuffi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
Please, can you share the format specification...?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »
ARA format is a thermal data format from AscTec (http://wiki.asctec.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5275945).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Jan Philip Göpfert

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 04:36:12 PM »
According to the 1.3.0 Python Reference exportPoints has changed and now requires format to be of type PhotoScan.PointsFormat, in contrast to the old behavior where  exportPoints expected a string.

What exactly does the new exportPoints do when format is not specified explicitly? I assume that, like the old exportPoints, it tries to guess the format from the file ending of path. What happens when format does not match the file ending? I believe that the old behavior was buggy (should I still report this?) and produced broken files when the file ending was txt or xyz.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
Hello Jan,

If the format is not not specified, then PhotoScan will parse the export path and use the extension to identify the format to be used. In case the format is specified but doesn't match the extension, PhotoScan will export the data according to the format use (PointsFormat), but save it under the user-defined path, without changing anything in it.

In the current 1.3 pre-release TXT extension is not interpreted as XYZ output, so for such extension you need to specify PointsFormatXYZ explicitly.
If you can reproduce the broken or incomplete export for XYZ format, please let me know.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Jan Philip Göpfert

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »
Hello Alexey

thank you for your reply.

If the format is not not specified, then PhotoScan will parse the export path and use the extension to identify the format to be used. In case the format is specified but doesn't match the extension, PhotoScan will export the data according to the format use (PointsFormat), but save it under the user-defined path, without changing anything in it.
Great, that's pretty much what one would expect. I don't know about your documentation policy, but that'd be useful information in the reference.

In the current 1.3 pre-release TXT extension is not interpreted as XYZ output, so for such extension you need to specify PointsFormatXYZ explicitly.
If you can reproduce the broken or incomplete export for XYZ format, please let me know.
I'll try to find the time to put together an MWE and get it to you. By the way, if memory serves me right, the format was/is called TXT in 1.2.6 somewhere in the GUI's export dialog.

PK_2509

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Version 1.3 got Algorithmic improvements for dense cloud generation in case of large overlap.

What are the improvements? Because I have projects with an overlap of over 6.
The stage of depth map  generation goes fast, but the actually dense cloud generation takes a long time.

Geo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »
Hello Alexey - I used the rolling shutter function (worked perfectly) and I started another project and I receive a license error notification box.  The release mostly still works except some functions are shut out.  I desperately have to complete another project.  I am using a windows based system.  Is there a new pre-release version that does not have this issue.  I downloaded the pre-release version from the link in the first thread note.  Is there a location to download the latest pe-release version?

Thank you,
Jim

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2016, 03:00:04 PM »
Hello Jim,

What problem do you have with the activation? Maybe you can drop an e-mail to support@agisoft.com describing the issue and providing the screenshots and order number, so that we could also check the license key?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC