Forum

Author Topic: Flir Vue Pro R?  (Read 9596 times)

school

• View Profile
Flir Vue Pro R?
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
When I load a set of radiometric thermal .tif images from a FLIR Vue Pro R, they are all displayed as black. Surprisingly, I can run the alignment, dense cloud, mesh, and orthophoto generation and end up with a real result which I can then process with the raster calculator to see the IR data, but since I can't see any details in the images or mesh (everything is black), I can't find my GCPs to georeference the model.

Is there a way to get Photoscan to display these images?

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Flir Vue Pro R?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »
Hello school,

If the images do not use the full range (for example, only 12 bit from 16 bit TIFF range), you can use adjust brightness for chunk in the Wonrkspace pane context menu.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

school

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 12:29:23 AM »
Hi Alex,

I just tried that and it didnt really work. When I adjust the brightness all of the images get lighter or darker, but there is still no contrast. In some of the images that have the largest range of values, I can maybe make out the horizon and a building, but in most it is all a uniform grey. The value of most pixels is between something like 6800 and 7999.

Gall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
You might want to try 800% as brightness as your data seems to be on 13 bit (from the range you gave). You can find the appropriate factor by doing
Code: [Select]
max(dynamic_16bit) / max(dynamic_data)

school

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 07:23:35 PM »
Thanks Gall,

Yes, they are supposed to be 14 bit images. When I make it 800% I can make out the scene in images with high contrast (so when the camera was on the ground and pointed at the horizon), but in images with lower contrast (when the drone is in the air looking at the ground) I get almost no contrast, so still not enough to be able to pick out my GCPs. This is frustrating.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
Hello school,

Thank you for providing the sample images, we'll check what could be done to improve the visualization of such kind of data.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 02:31:15 PM »
Hello school,

As a workaround that can be used in the current version of PhotoScan Pro I can suggest to use Raster Calculator. You can input B1 to the formula line and in the Palette tab specify the range of visualization (don't forget to press Update button in the tab).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

school

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 10:08:32 PM »
Thanks so much! I have now gotten a set of these images to process successfully with correctly placed GCPs because I can see the images.

svcktj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »
Hello,

This might be for a slightly irrelevant issue, however it most probably involves similar file format issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I have recently purchased FLIR Vue Pro R and I am planning to use it for a search-and-rescue application on a UAV, as part of a university project. There are some preliminary issues that I still have not manage to solve.

So I have powered, set up, and can successfully control the camera through the relevant app. I am currently in the stage of testing it on my laptop with certain object detection and tracking codes, before installing everything on the on-board computer (NVIDIA Jetson) and appropriately connecting it with other components (also involving MAVLink).

The main issue that I am facing is that, whenever I record a video/still and view it, it simply is a still image which is not affected no matter what is being recorded (in case you might wonder, I have taken the lens cap off!). Either way, it does respond to changes in settings such as adjusting the color palette, zoom, scene settings, temperature range, etc.

I also confirmed this by checking the feed in real time. Now, this is another issue, as the only way I can view a live feed on my laptop is by connecting the camera's yellow video cable to a USB video grabber and then to my laptop (while still powering the camera through the USB part of the bench cable).

I have tried collected all types of possible files as part of my attempt to identify the issue. Regardless of the file format that I choose every time, the resulting videos/images are all the same. This makes me think that file format might not be the principal issue.

In addition, I tried installing ResearchIR just in case, and, for some strange reason, it has not been successfully installed. The installation finishes but ResearchIR does not appear to be installed. Instead, another programme by the name of CoreView Administrator is what has been installed.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance! I hope my question can contribute in solving OP's problem as well!

jmos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 04:07:43 PM »
Great Post and info, appreciate it.
I was wondering how to display aerial Thermals in Agisoft.

We are using Flir imagery for two purposes, one for tracking feral pigs and the other for identifying hot spots along forest fire containment lines.
Will try these suggestions this week.

Thankyou

John
SW Western Australia

julia_geographer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
Hello school,

As a workaround that can be used in the current version of PhotoScan Pro I can suggest to use Raster Calculator. You can input B1 to the formula line and in the Palette tab specify the range of visualization (don't forget to press Update button in the tab).

I'm trying to implement this workaround with some images we have from a FLIR Vue Pro. But although I know the range of values of the images (7795-8194) and entered them into the Palette tab on the raster calculator and click the Apply button, the images remain completely black. Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to do this? Working with Agisoft Pro version 1.2.6 build 2834 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
Hello julia_geographer,

Can you attach any image from the set that you are using?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

julia_geographer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I've attached an image from the FLIR Vue Pro. It should show agricultural fields

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »
Hello julia_geographer,

In the version 1.2.6 you need to input B1 to the Expression field in the Raster Calculator dialog, check on Enable transform option and manually input the range limits in the Palette tab, then press OK or Apply.

In the version 1.3 you can use Update + Auto button on the Palette tab for the automatic range estimation:
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

julia_geographer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 06:23:45 PM »
Thanks Alexey, that worked perfectly!