Forum

Author Topic: Import Mask for Portrait-Oriented Photos Sometimes Upside-Down  (Read 3371 times)

brishel

• View Profile
Import Mask for Portrait-Oriented Photos Sometimes Upside-Down
« on: October 28, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »
Someone turned on the date stamp before taking several hundred photos. I created a JPG mask and exported it, then selected all of the landscape-oriented photos and imported the mask (from file, replacement, selected cameras) with no problem. But when I did the same thing for portrait-oriented photos, about half of the masks ended up in the upper-left corner instead of the lower-right. Windows and the PhotoScan Photos pane agree which way is "up" in those photos, so I'm not sure why this happened. I think the orientation came from the Canon camera, if that makes a difference.

This is a very minor bug. Version 1.2.6-2834, on Windows 10.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Import Mask for Portrait-Oriented Photos Sometimes Upside-Down
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 11:34:20 PM »
Hello brishel,

I think it may be related to the image orientation flag in the EXIF, I'd suggest to disable image rotation in the camera settings and make sure that WIndows is not performing image rotations when you open them.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

brishel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 12:46:21 AM »
Whatever was happening with the EXIF data, PhotoScan was rotating the images properly in the Photos pane, then processing them improperly when applying the imported mask. I'm not sure whether these two tasks are coded differently, or whether the mask itself is getting flipped somehow.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:01:32 AM »
Hello brishel,

If you can send a couple of images and a mask to support@agisoft.com that we can use to reproduce the issue, it would be helpful.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC