Forum

Author Topic: Can't load image  (Read 12694 times)

Matt

• View Profile
Can't load image
« on: August 01, 2012, 06:43:29 AM »
I am testing version 9 pre release and the photos will not load in photos pane and I get the Can't load image message.
 ---> On further investigation it seems that photoscan 9.0 is unable to load the .CR2 image format. The software recognises them when i select all files but fails to load them. Is there a reason for this as all my photos are taken in this format?

Thanks

Matt
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:10:59 AM by Matt »

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: Can't load image
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
with the CR2 is it problematic, have you the 550D or the 600D, because they use modified-undocumented CR2 raw files..... 
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 12:59:15 PM »
Hello Matt,

We recommend to convert .CR2 images to TIFFs, for example, before loading to PhotoScan, since we do not guarantee correct work with this proprietary format.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
Hi Alexey,

All images are from a Canon 5DmkII and I have been using the same image formats for over a year now.  All my projects (average about 120 photos some 300+) are set up with CR2 and none of them will now load properly. No issue in the last 8.5 build as i uninstalled and tried just to be sure. I co-register images from different flights so i really dont want to have to re register control for 5000+ images.
Problem could be partially solved with my request for export and import of markers either for individual photos or project based.

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »
Hello Matt,

Could you please provide a single .CR2 file that doesn't load into PhotoScan 0.9.0, but works with version 0.8.5 so we could check and probably fix the compatibility (please, send the sample file to support@agisoft.ru).

Moving markers from one project to another (based on their projections on photos) could be performed by custom Python script. If you wish (and if the .CR2 files support could not be fixed fast) we could provide you such scripts.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC