Forum

Author Topic: How do I take pictures?  (Read 16217 times)

punkouter

• View Profile
How do I take pictures?
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:57:43 AM »
I mean.. do I ened to take them in order slowly rotating around an object?? Can I randomly take pictures from every angle?

How would I get a complete model of an object? Can I take pictures around the side aand also the very top and bottom of an object?

How realistic would it be to attempt to get a picture of someone in a T pose and clean it up and use it in a 3d package and rig it with bones/skin ?

FoodMan

• View Profile
Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
well as long as Pictures have a good overlap, it should work..

$0.2

h/

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »
See the HELP file :-))
thereis a very good explanation how to shoot pictures, even for the inside rooms, that was very inspiring.....

CAPTURING PHOTOS - CAPTURING SCENARIOS
----------------
www.mhb.sk

punkouter

• View Profile
Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
I see in the help file that they just do about 15 shots in a circle...

Do the overlapping shots need to be in order?

What if after the 15 shots in a circle.. I then want to do another 15 shots in a circle but this time at a higher angle.. will that confuse it ?

Is the best way to see how the tracking is going is to check how many points the prgram finds in the object of interest?

I havent had good results so far.

Wishgranter

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »
what type of camera you use ? use RAW format NOT JPG if can...
and i repeat, im using Canon 550D, 18 Mpix, will post some videos later on YT, and you will see that is no need for VERY much photos, jus try keep 60-80 % overlap (idealy). for litle building - church im need aprox 10 photos....

----------------
www.mhb.sk

FoodMan

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
yes 15 shots in a circle and 15 shots taken at a higher point would work... you need to put them in 2 different chunks.. then later align these two chunks and then merge them..

h/

punkouter

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:56 PM »
Its just some casio thing up to 7MP.... can you put the orginal pictures up as well?? I have not tried something like a big statue.. I have been trying to do smaller items like a show on the floor... that didnt turn out at all..  and ofcourse trying to do human heads and whole bodies

punkouter

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »
aha!! So chunks are for when the collection of pictures is coming from a brand new angle?? maybe thats what I was missing.. I was doing 40 pictures from all different angles.. maybe I was confusing the program...

What if I put a object on a glass table.. would if be possible to have a COMPLETE 3d model from all angles ?

Wishgranter

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 02:26:08 AM »
Back to beginning, shoot 20 images on 360 angle, then load to PhotoScan JUST 3 of them, try do mesh = OK im getting something
Phase two, try the same photos BUT add 2 more, - OK im getting more of what i need
phase three ad another 3 photos - OK im getting preciously what i nedd..

Is that simple, start with litle and the add more IF eventely needed, is from object to object.....
im testing iot on buildings and im getting wery useful output with around 8-10 photos, later on will add eventuely more, but every time is better to start with lower number of photos.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

punkouter

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do I take pictures?
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 06:29:26 AM »
ok... So rather than feeding it a truckload of photos I will just try the first 3... and if I can't get those 3 to look right then there is no need to continue.

got it!