Forum

Author Topic: Failure to export Points  (Read 4228 times)

DevDoctor

• View Profile
Failure to export Points
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to export a point cloud generated by PS and and it keeps failing with a "Can't export point cloud" error message. I also can not generate a model based off of the photos and point cloud but that is to be expected because of the photoshoot session wasn't ideal. Everything looks aligned correctly and looks right in PS.

I have tried obj and ply and variations of the settings.

Is there a step that I am missing to export the points I see in PS so that I can use them in my editing package?

DD

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Failure to export Points
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:46:51 PM »
Hello DevDoctor,

Are you trying to export point cloud in dense or sparse quality? And are the paths to all the photos correct in case of dense point cloud export?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DevDoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »
Thank you for your reply

I have been using Dense and the settings associated with it.. and I see that when I use Sparse it works! So Sparse exports what is in the PS viewport and Dense creates a new point cloud?

TY!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:25:07 PM »
Hello DevDoctor,

Yes, exporting sparse point cloud saves points you see in point cloud view, and dense point cloud requires depth maps being reconstructed. So in case photos are missing you'll be unable to export dense point cloud or build geometry (only in point cloud quality).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC