Forum

Author Topic: Always upside down!  (Read 2828 times)

Grey_Area

• View Profile
Always upside down!
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:56:11 PM »
Why is Agisoft's default interpretation of my photographs ALWAYS upside down? It's not random, it's not MOSTLY upside down it is 100% upside down.

I understand true orientation is a feature of Pro version...but seriously...it's like the software is already doing the work, then deciding out of wickedness to invert it. That's not a paid feature, it's punishment of those of us on a budget!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:36:33 AM by Grey_Area »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Always upside down!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 01:08:16 AM »
Hello Grey_Area,

You can use Rotate Object feature to orient the model in the coordinate system space as you wish.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Grey_Area

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:23:09 AM »
I know Alexey, and I do...it's just when I know my photos have GPS data AND a compass heading...it's not like Agisoft seems to ignore that data - if that was the case then I would expect some models on their side, some the right way up etc...but they are ALWAYS upside down.

It's as if Agisoft says..."Yeah, I know which way is "up"...but because you didn't pay for Pro, I'm not going to randomly orientate your object. I'm just going to put it on it's head. Because you're poor."

:-)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 01:33:28 AM »
Hello Grey_Area,

PhotoScan Standard doesn't read the EXIF for GPS tags, so it is not inverting the axis for any purpose. It's just a coincidence for the similar shooting scenario.
I'll see if we can "invert" that in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Grey_Area

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 01:53:42 AM »
Any plans to add GPS reading to standard - even if it's a "standard plus" option? I can't justify £££££ for the full Pro - but I would pay extra (within reason) for this particular feature.