Forum

Author Topic: Project disappears after setting coordinate reference  (Read 2398 times)

mguy

• View Profile
Project disappears after setting coordinate reference
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »
Hi,

I completed the following steps for a DEM/orthophoto generation project:

1. Import photos
2. Align photos
3. Place markers (manual placement)
4. Input Marker Coordinates
5. Optimize Cameras
6. Build Dense Cloud
7. Build Mesh
8. Build Texture
9. Close Holes (steps 7,8,9 not completely sure what order, might have closed holes first)

At this step, I noticed that Build DEM was not available as an option. I thought this was strange so I checked that the coordinate system was set in preferences. It was already set to geographic coordinates, which I had done earlier, prior to Optimize Cameras. Then, after I clicked "ok", everything in the model viewer window disappeared! The axes are still there, and the spherical axes in the center are still there, but the model is gone. I cannot generate a DEM, it return an error "Empty Extent".

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Project disappears after setting coordinate reference
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:24:07 AM »
Hello mguycooper,

Can oyu post a screenshot of the Source values for markers and cameras in the Reference pane?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:14:26 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I was able to get it to work by executing the "Coordinate System to Bounding Box" python script. After executing that script, the Generate DEM option was no longer greyed out, however I then ran into a new problem that I posted as a separate topic (0% progress after 24 hours of processing and nonsense numbers for time remaining).

Nevertheless, here is a screen shot you requested.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 12:01:21 AM »
Hello mguycooper,

I this you need to press Update button on the Reference pane before running Build DEM operation.

After using the script the scale of the model may be incorrect (not as you expect) and building DEM with the common resolution parameters may lead to the enormous size of the DEM grid. Please try using the Update button and also make Console pane active or enable logging to the external file.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

mguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:00 AM »
I think the problem was that the "marker accuracy" was set to 0 in the Build DEM settings. This was suggested to me in a tutorial. I changed it to 0.001 and now the build DEM resolution is a reasonable 7 cm/pix whereas before it was 2 mm/pix. Seems to be running fine now. Thank you.