Forum

Author Topic: Align photos = deleted project ?  (Read 4168 times)

vadie

• View Profile
Align photos = deleted project ?
« on: November 27, 2016, 08:29:32 AM »
Hello,

I'm working on a project that has 19,047 photos split into 36 chunks. The photos were aligned, and some had masks applied.

I wanted to use Batch Process to build one of the chunks into a model using the following workflow: Build Dense Cloud -> Build Mesh -> Build Texture.

However, I accidentally asked Photoscan to do: Build Dense Cloud -> Build Mesh -> Align Photos (all chunks).

Oops! No big deal, I'll just cancel. So I clicked cancel, the operation was cancelled in a couple seconds and all of a sudden my previous had disappeared. I now have 19,047 unaligned photos.

The thing is, there is still an [R] next to each chunk, even though it says 0 or x aligned and all my sparse clouds have disappeared.

What's going on, and how can I get my work back?

Thanks,

Nathan

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Align photos = deleted project ?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:18:36 AM »
Hello Nathan,

If you have a saved copy of the project, you can reload it discarding current state of the project.

However, If the align photos operation was the last one and you have cancelled the batch before it, the initial alignment should be unaffected.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

vadie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 11:23:34 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, I have saved my work before, but I hit the "save after each step" box on the batch when I accidentally selected "align" again. I quit Photoscan and re-opened the project file and I still can't see the point clouds, and it still says 0 of x photos aligned, but there are still [R] after each chunk in the workspace. When I went into the project files all I can find are text files, not former versions of the program. Is there a way to reload the older (aligned) version that I'm missing?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »
Hello vadie,

I think I was able to reproduce the issue with the Batch Process and it looks like the alignment is really lost.
You can run "align selected cameras", though, to avoid running the image matching operation again.

We'll fix it in the next update, but now it seems that the lost data cannot be recovered unfortunately. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

vadie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:43:05 AM »
Ok, thanks for your help. Good to know I'm not crazy! That would be awesome if this was fixed in the next update. Cheers/