Forum

Author Topic: Build orthomosaic -> resized images detected  (Read 3858 times)

Agnieszka

• View Profile
Build orthomosaic -> resized images detected
« on: October 24, 2016, 07:48:27 PM »
Dear Agisoft Team,

I'm trying to build an orthomosaic from around 100 photos. On the last two images I get an error-message saying "Some images are either missing or were resized". Only the last two photos are affected (see attached photo). Below the error-message, their status is displayed as "Resized". What does that mean? Those two photos have the same resolution as the other 98 photos. Can this error have something to do with the changed focal length? We changed our camera lense multiple times during the photo session (20mm, 85mm and 50mm) and only the last two photos were shot using the 50mm lense. It's the only difference i noticed. I would be very glad if you could help me.

Yours faithfully,
Agnieszka

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Build orthomosaic -> resized images detected
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 07:59:50 PM »
Hello Agnieszka,

This message may indicate that the images have been rotated and re-saved when viewing in another application. Please check the image properties from the file manager - are they 7360x4912 or 4912x7360? Also check the file extension.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Agnieszka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:19:48 PM »
Yes that is the reason! Thank you very much for so fast help and message!

Bernie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 12:03:00 PM »
Hi all,
I have the same issue, but unfortunately I am not able to correct the missing image again. Is there a way to exclude this one (of 600)  for the Build Orthomosaic step? Disable and delete doesn't work. Do I have to delete some temp files etc.?

Thanks a lot for your help,
best,
Bernie

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »
Hello Bernie,

Disabled images are not used for the orthomosaic generation, are you sure, that you have disabled/removed proper image or images?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Bernie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 12:48:52 PM »
Yes, unfortunately due to a computer crash I had to connect the network drive again and I guess there is some confusion. I also changed the path of the images again, but Photoscan is still looking for that one image. I also put everything back to the correct location but I still get the error. Is there something like a cache I can empty?
Thanks,
Bernie

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
Hello Bernie,

Can you please send the error message from the Console pane or message box related to the camera label of the missing image to support@agisoft.com and also the following zip files from the contents of the project.files folder: project.zip, chunk.zip and frame.zip.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »
Hello Bernie,

We have checked the project data provided and found that there are a lot of images have been loaded multiple times and have different paths (linking to one of the two folders), so I assume that one of the given paths is incorrect and when PhotoScan is trying to access it the missing image path you have got the error message.

So I think that you need to remove all the image duplicates and then to correct the paths of the image sub-set that is linking to the invalid folder path.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC