Forum

Author Topic: "Null point cloud" error when building orthomosaic, v. 1.2.6  (Read 4211 times)

aaronjameslewis

• View Profile
"Null point cloud" error when building orthomosaic, v. 1.2.6
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:03:05 AM »
Dear Agisoft,

I am attempting to build and export orthomosaics in v. 1.2.6 using an imported mesh (.obj) and cameras (.xml) from a previously created model. I am able to successfully import and align cameras as well as the mesh, and to texture my new model using this imported data.

However, when I proceed forward to the "build orthomosaic" workflow step and select mesh as my surface, the program does not recognize the native resolution derived from my imported mesh, instead displaying a pixel size of 0 m. When I try to build the orthomosaic the program then reads an error message ("Null point cloud") and does not proceed forward...

Is this error the result of a bug in the newer version? To my understanding, the orthomosaic is projected onto the chosen surface (in this case, the .obj model), and thus there should be no use of point cloud data during this processing step. In addition, I have had zero problems exporting orthophotos in v. 1.1 with no point cloud information, simply by importing my cameras and .obj model, re-texturizing, and then exporting as a GeoTIFF.

Any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Aaron
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:21:14 AM by aaronjameslewis »