Forum

Author Topic: Holes in orthophotomap  (Read 3544 times)

photoscan_user

• View Profile
Holes in orthophotomap
« on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:11 PM »
Is there any option in Photoscan to fill holes in orthophotomap?

eriks

• View Profile
Error: Holes in orthophotomap
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
Yes, when building orthomosaics you have the options "HOLE FILLING:Yes" and first when building mesh you have the option "Interpolation: Extrapolated". Perhaps you should add "Close Holes" after building the mesh to avoid the small holes as shown in the attchment, but then the orthomosaic-option "HOLE FILLING:Yes" have a problem
There must be a new bug in this, as I get results like the attached, lots of small holes[no snow]...  :(

And version 1.30(build 3772) have been crashing much more than previous versions, for example when building a batch process (even before starting it). I have used the automatic crash reporting to send the crash reports to Agisoft.

Still there are lots of new options in version 1.3, THANKS Agisoft  :D :D

CPU: i7-6820,
64Gb ram
GPU: GTX 980M & Cuda
(should we Use cpu when perfoming gpu acc. proc.?)

Best regards, Erik
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:39:07 PM by eriks »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Holes in orthophotomap
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »
Hello Erik,

Regarding the crashes, could you please provide more information in Bug Reports section or via support form? If possible, please also submit signed crash report and describe the steps you were following.

As for the holes in the orthomosaic that are shown on your screenshot, some additional information would be also required, like source for the orthomosaic (DEM or mesh) and overlap picture for this area.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

eriks

• View Profile
Re: Holes in orthophotomap
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 01:57:51 PM »
Thanks Alexey!
I have submitted crash reports, this have happened when changing  a batch process (even before starting it).

The orthomosaic with holes have source mesh, overlap picture for this area is attached, of course it is not the best overlap, but I think the areas have at least 4 images(but holes are mostly in forest). I am now trying "close holes" in the mesh.

CPU: i7-6820,
64Gb ram
GPU: GTX 980M & Cuda

* should we Use cpu when perfoming gpu acc. proc.?