Forum

Author Topic: mask by selection from model, rather than by per photo masks  (Read 4413 times)

ajg-cal

• View Profile
mask by selection from model, rather than by per photo masks
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
1) align photos

2) point cloud quality model

3) select areas of model to be ignored (i.e. masked) from the model view not per photo view

4) high quality geometry model creation - ignoring previously selected / masked areas in step 3

Might seem a little strange but I shall explain why I think it is useful. Maybe there is a solution already to my problem!

my overall aim: create a high quality DEM of certain small clusters of fields from aerial photography

dotted throughout the overall region captured, between the areas of interest, are small patches of woodland

the woodland patches are often rendered with many millions of faces at the expense of the fields which are rendered with far fewer faces

filter threshold does reduce the number of faces in woodland area and but also negatively affects areas of interest

don't want to have to mask out the woodland patches from ~1300 photos if possible! hence feature request above

ran at high quality, 100 000 000 faces

Nico

• View Profile
Re: mask by selection from model, rather than by per photo masks
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:41:14 PM »
+1
that would be very useful to easily mask out hair and clothing on facial scans for example. These 'eat up' a lot of points and polygons but are difficult to mask out.