Forum

Author Topic: Editing/Exporting Tiled Model in other software  (Read 8993 times)

AlphaWhiskey

• View Profile
Editing/Exporting Tiled Model in other software
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Hi guys, i have a question. how do you export tiled model to other 3d editing software, like sketchup or 3ds max? i tried exporting in agisoft tiled archive with collada,3ds mesh format but it ended up in error whenever i try to open it in 3ds max or google sketchup.

Exporting in model (not tiled model) worked, either in collada or kmz, but it does not have as many details as the tiled model.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Editing/Exporting Tiled Model in other software
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
Hello AlphaWhiskey,

I doubt that common model editing applications support tiled model representation, you need special applications to opne PhotoMesh Layer ZIP files, like Skyline TerraBuilder, Agency9 City Planner or Diginext VirtualGeo, for example.

For common applications you can only load the most detailed level tiles as separate models.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sjn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »
The tiled model in Agisoft viewer gives great results, I was viewing the edge of a river and slipped underwater, I felt like I was drowning until I could recover my orientation and get out of the water.

Is there really no way we can increase resolution of the model view
or export the tiled model to more formats.

The goal is to have a high resolution model in a VR environment, if that is possible.
I'd think it would need to be offline and the filesize will be huge 200GB for a largish site
500m x 30m is already 130MB

jenkinsm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »
Hi guys, i have a question. how do you export tiled model to other 3d editing software, like sketchup or 3ds max? i tried exporting in agisoft tiled archive with collada,3ds mesh format but it ended up in error whenever i try to open it in 3ds max or google sketchup.

Exporting in model (not tiled model) worked, either in collada or kmz, but it does not have as many details as the tiled model.

Did you (or anyone) ever figure this out? I'm about to do the same thing and I will report back if I get it working in 3ds.

Majdoleen Awadallah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 09:50:12 AM »
Did you (or anyone) ever figure this out?

Bzuco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 12:36:04 PM »
@sjn
UE5 nanite technology could handle high resolution models and also VR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADIldob0Sxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NgDle3J9lo