Forum

Author Topic: Measuring contribution of camera?  (Read 2708 times)

maddin

• View Profile
Measuring contribution of camera?
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »
Say I have a project with many overlapping cameras, all aligned, model built.

Is there a way to measure how 'important' a camera is to the final texture build?
In other words: Is there a way to determine how many pixels of the final texture came from each camera?

One idea would be to swap each camera image with a unique solid color, then compute the texture (without any blending?) and then count the occurrence of each color in the final texture image. But how to do that in practice inside of PS Pro 1.2.6?

I am asking because I try to find out which of my many cameras I could discard for texture building, in order to avoid blending artifacts.

Thanks for any suggestions

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Measuring contribution of camera?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:19:05 PM »
Hello maddin,

In some recent thread here there was a discussion how to export the separate texture files for each camera using the same UV parametrization.

It will allow you to open the textures as layers in image editing application and look through all textures and even to blend the texture by yourself.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

maddin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »
Hello maddin,

In some recent thread here there was a discussion how to export the separate texture files for each camera using the same UV parametrization.

It will allow you to open the textures as layers in image editing application and look through all textures and even to blend the texture by yourself.

It this the thread you are referring to?
Since my project has more than 200 cameras, manually blending the texture isn't really feasible unless I find a way to remove cameras that have large overlap with other cameras.

Maybe I could be using the camera position and orientation to compute a similarity measure between cameras?
Is there anything close to that in PS?

How does PS figure out which camera pairs to use for alignment in the 'Align Photos' step of the workflow?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 12:00:21 PM »
Hello maddin,

It doesn't seem to be a trivial task to understand the contribution priority for the camera set and leave only a few cameras with the max priority.

During the alignment PhotoScan is using matching points found on the first step of Align Photos stage. Each matching point may appear on two or more photos.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC